MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT..

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good to have you with us, fellow Canuck! :)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome! We have lots of people here from Ontario and from Western NY and the Detroit area.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi & welcome to MT. When you say Ontario, make sure you always say California around here. For most folks here, they think of the Canadian territory, rather than the IE.:ultracool

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi & welcome to MT. When you say Ontario, make sure you always say California around here. For most folks here, they think of the Canadian territory, rather than the IE.:ultracool

Yup, had me thinking Canada.

Anyways Ontario is a province, not a territory ;)

We have 10 provinces and 3 territories, (Yukon, Nunavit and Northwest Territories)

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had heard of the Ontario, California, but never looked it up:

Ontario is a city located in San Bernardino County, California, United States. As of the 2000 Census, the city had a total population of 170,373. It is the home of LA/Ontario International Airport and the Ontario Mills. It is also the former home of the Ontario Motor Speedway. It takes its name from the Ontario Model Colony development established in 1882 by Canadian engineers George Chaffey and William Chaffey, who named the settlement after their home province of Ontario, Canada.

It's named after the Province of Ontario, Canada, so perhaps we can call it Little Ontario, Ontario, Jr., Ontario II.

Kidding. Welcome aboard from a 'fellow' Ontarion.

just2kicku

Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, where do you train in Ontario? I am in Rancho Cucamonga. Yes everyone, there really is a Cucamonga
icon7.gif

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, where do you train in Ontario? I am in Rancho Cucamonga. Yes everyone, there really is a Cucamonga
icon7.gif

I can't find the audio for it, but Mel Blanc used to do a bit as a train announcer on The Jack Benny Show:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"Anaheim, Azusa and Cucamonga" - On the sitcom THE JACK BENNY SHOW/CBS/1950-65 (and on radio) Mel Blanc played a Union Depot train caller who announced via megaphone or loudspeaker system the trains arriving and departing from the station. For example, "Train leaving on Track 5 for Anaheim, Azusa and Cuuuu-ca-mon-gaaa!" After repeated announcements, the train caller continued "Look we're not asking much. Two of ya, or even one of ya...just somebody to keep the engineer company." And still later "Please, please! I'll get fired if I don't get somebody on the train for Anaheim, Azusa and Cuuuu-ca-mon-gaaa!" For comic tension, the show's writers often experimented with the pause placing it between "Cuuu" and "Ca-mon-gaaa." Once a whole comedy skit was inserted in between the pause. TRIVIA NOTE: In February 1993, the California town of Rancho Cucamonga, made famous by Jack Benny's long-running gag, erected a statue honoring the late comedian. [/FONT]
http://www.tvacres.com/trains_azusa.htm

Latest Discussions