I actually felt sorry...

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
...for Josh Koscheck after that beat down. GSP worked the jab like a boxer and I really enjoyed watching some MMA today.

GSP is a great fighter and Josh did a great job just to finish the match. Hope he is OK. Might have a fractured jaw and eye socket. Let's hope not.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
...for Josh Koscheck after that beat down. GSP worked the jab like a boxer and I really enjoyed watching some MMA today.

GSP is a great fighter and Josh did a great job just to finish the match. Hope he is OK. Might have a fractured jaw and eye socket. Let's hope not.

What point was it stopped at?

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What point was it stopped at?

GSP won by decision. Was almost stopped after the first round.

Josh just did not hang. He got beaten badly, and BTW he has a broken orbital according to various news outlets.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
GSP won by decision. Was almost stopped after the first round.

Josh just did not hang. He got beaten badly, and BTW he has a broken orbital according to various news outlets.

Thanks. Personally, I like GSP. I think that he's head and shoulders above the way Josh conducts himself, both in and out of the ring.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
If Josh koshek was a person that conducted himself like a professional I could have some sympathy. Instead he acts like a spoiled brat. I just can't work up much sympathy for a loud mouth like him getting his words shoved back down his throat.

Gaius Julius Caesar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Josh comes off like a complete jerk and has a strong air of contempt for others.

I am glad a true artist like GSP shut his mouth (at least for a bit) and gave him some pain for the next few weeks.

Broke my face in a car wreck @ 16, both orbital sockets so Josh can just suck it up IMO.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can't stand Koschek, and I don't buy Joe Rogan talking about he is really a nice guy and that he just likes to play the heel for marketing.

Josh was a jerk on TUF 1 and has been a jerk since.

Anyone else notice that everytime GSP threw a kick, Josh started grabbing at his cup? Josh did that in a previous fight also, except it was complaining that he was getting poked in the eye even though the footage showed he wasn't. Josh later admitted in an interview that it "was on purpose".

Even on this season of TUF, Josh talked trash about GSP and was constantly messing with him. Josh didn't even do well training his fighters because he was so concerned about badmouthing GSP.

I would be happy if Josh never fought in the UFC again. It the sport is to become more widespread and lose the WWE feel to it, getting rid of fighters like that is the first step.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Anyone else notice that everytime GSP threw a kick, Josh started grabbing at his cup?

Yep, noticed it, and noticed that neither the referee nor GSP was buying it for a second...

To give him some credit, Josh did speak graciously after the fight, which makes me believe that while he's a jerk, he probably did turn it up a notch to promote the fight.

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks. Personally, I like GSP. I think that he's head and shoulders above the way Josh conducts himself, both in and out of the ring.

Mr. St. Pierre is defenitely a man I could see having a beer with.:uhyeah:

He impressed me with his complete non-response to Josh on TUF, and again by completely shutting Josh down at UFC124. Being a TMA guy as opposed to a wrestler (I know GSP has serious wrestling credentials, but still) probably helps my sentiment.

Latest Discussions