"Human Target" fight choreography

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I just watched Human Target over on Hulu, and the fight choreography was excellent, very similar to the Imada choreographed Jason Bourn movies, very high quality for a TV show. Does anyone know the background of the fight choreographor for the show, IMDB lists it as "Mike Desabrais."

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh man, I missed it on TV last night because of my mother's b-day party but I've been a fan of the comic for years so I'm pretty excited to see it on TV again since the last version they tried on TV (with Rick Springfield as Chris Chance) failed. You knwo how it is, DC comics for life.

I don't remember if they ever covered Chance's fighting style but he is a human chameleon which leads to much of the comic's drama) so he may have just absorbed it along the way being such a great mimic.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah I enjoyed the show. Just hope it last. I think they will move the day and time slot so it all depends on the spot they get. Fight scene was pretty good too.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have no idea who designed those fight scenes but they where good. Love the one where they where in the air ducts

Kittan Bachika

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have no idea who designed those fight scenes but they where good. Love the one where they where in the air ducts

Air duct fight was brilliant and was one of those scenes where the effectiveness of grappling but it also being displayed as an exciting form of fight choreography.

The last time I saw something in close quarters on screen was in "Con Air" when Nicholas Cage is fighting one guy in a cargo hold but not as cool as the air duct scene in Human Target.

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The scene in this week's episode between Chance and Baptiste was terrible. Although it seemed like most of the mistakes were made in the editing room.

Xinglu

Black Belt
Reaction score
Found it!

Looks like:
BJJ Seminars
JKD Seminars
Multiple Attackers Seminars
Filipino MA under Dan Inosanto
Kali under Mike Mikita

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good find! Also, I was watching a bunch of the episodes online yesterday because so far I've only seen 3 live. I noticed that the actor's kicks have a decidedly Japanese influence, if I were to go out on a limb I would say Shotokan.

Kittan Bachika

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Tonight's episode "Corner Man" is pretty good. A great story, some excellent fight choreography and the lovely Grace Park.

Also Darius from Highlander the series.

OP
Blindside

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Tonight's episode "Corner Man" is pretty good. A great story, some excellent fight choreography and the lovely Grace Park.

Also Darius from Highlander the series.

*Flashes geek card*

I'm pretty certain the actor who played Darius died of some illness in the second season of Highlander the Series.

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Peter Wingfield

He played Methos on Highlander.

Watching this episode now....

Just finished watching.

I liked this episode.

=p

Last edited:

Latest Discussions