How to stop rapists...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urban Trekker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well, over on the political sister site I posted about three women who have started a new group to help women learn self defense, in particular with guns. One of the founders,is the woman who was raped 50 feet from the college police station after the police station had closed for the evening.

In response to this post, someone gave the reply..."Teach men not to rape."

My question...okay...how do you do that? since the vast majority of mean don't rape already, how do you stop the bad men who are not constrained by the law? any Ideas...? I know how I answered...

I realize that I'm reanimating a corpse of a thread here, but here goes: the intent is not to get you to teach other men to not rape, the intent is to shut you up.

Your possible responses are:

1. To agree to their suggestion, but now you're a toady.
2. To not agree to it, and explain why. The problem is that if you do; now you're making lame excuses. That, or you're exposing yourself as someone who lacks the basic social skills necessary to persuade others, and is therefore someone no longer worth engaging in conversation with.
3. To not agree to it and give no explanation. Now you're just an a-hole contributing to the problem.
4. No response. They win.

So you've gotta find ways around this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions