Defense against looters...guns pretty much work in all cases...

Status
Not open for further replies.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
this isn't a political look at the riots in ferguson, but a look at self defense...when faced with looters, when the police are too occupied to help...some store owners have deployed friends, family and workers with...(gasp)...assault rifles....to keep looters from destroying their businesses. Nothing says "stay away from my store" like several determined men and women with assault rifles...as well as shotguns...

In a situation made up of so much chaos, image can be a great psychological deterrent against mobs of violent looters...and assault rifles fit that bill nicely...more so than any other martial art...

If you had a store and didn't want to use guns...how would you deter these violent looters...?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Let me make my point a little more clearly...if you had unarmed store employees just standing in front of your store...or armed with baseball bats...all it would take is one or two criminals armed with guns...and odds,are they could do what they wanted...that is why people with guns in front of your store would be more effective...

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
this isn't a political look at the riots in ferguson, but a look at self defense...when faced with looters, when the police are too occupied to help...some store owners have deployed friends, family and workers with...(gasp)...assault rifles....to keep looters from destroying their businesses. Nothing says "stay away from my store" like several determined men and women with assault rifles...as well as shotguns...

No, Bill. None of them have had "assault rifles" as far as I know. An "assault rifle" is capable of selective fire, and requires extra-special licensing.

From the Merriam Websters Collegiate English Language Technical Manual (that's engineerspeak for "dictionary" :lfao: ):

1. A rifle that has a detachable magazine and is capable of both automatic and semiautomatic fire, designed for individual use in combat.
They invariably have had accesorized semi-automatic rifles, or semi-automatic versions of rifles that are available with selective fire, but they were not "assault rifles," and should not be called such-especially by someone who is vehemently pro 2nd Amendment....

"Rifles." Just rifles will do quite nicely, mmmmkay?

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Why don't rioters carry guns?

It would have to make the looting more effective.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Let me make my point a little more clearly...if you had unarmed store employees just standing in front of your store...or armed with baseball bats...all it would take is one or two criminals armed with guns...and odds,are they could do what they wanted...that is why people with guns in front of your store would be more effective...

That's pretty much a given.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Looters should be shot period no justification for looting just an opportunity for the trash in society regardless of color to cash in on. I would recommend two guns one a loaded pistol incase they are armed and first choice shot gun with rock salt even a mask and bear spray and put on a vest you have a right to protect life and property but for God's sake done be mistaken for the bad guys if cops show you are likely to get gunned down I would recommend contacting them and letting them know what guns you had and how you intend to use them inside your property with signage in large letters looter will be shot on site.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have yet to hear that the store video identifies the 18 year old as the actual thief and strong Arm is not a loaded weapon and shooting an unarmed person that age when if he felt intimidated he should have called for back up and waited

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So true...they aren't assault rifles...but that is what the media calls them and the stigma is there...and pointing out that these...(gasp)...assault rifles, as seen by the uninformed, actually have a purpose for self-defense, defeats the anti...(gasp)...assault rifle meme...

There may be some witness video that states he charged the police officer...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gents, if you wish to discuss how to defend against looters and riots, ok. You wish to discuss firearms, we have a section for that.

You want to get into the political issues, which this thread is, regardless of disclaimers, then take it to the political site. It's not welcome here any longer.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.