JR 137
Grandmaster
I wish I could hit âagreeâ 1,000 times for this one.I also think there is a bad element very similar to this that is caused by too much light sparring. You do not register a hit as something you should defend.
People get way too overconfident when thereâs not enough contact/too light contact. They think stuff wonât hurt them. They think theyâre better than they really are.
Bare knuckle/full contact teaches what needs to be blocked and whatâs an acceptable hit to take.
And unless youâre fighting someone whoâs absolutely horrible and has no business fighting to begin with, youâre going to get hit. No two ways about it. You could be the most physically gifted and skilled MAist in the world, but if you canât take a hit, youâre going to be awful when it really matters most.
You donât need years of hard contact training for that, but you need enough to know whatâs what. I havenât done that stuff in quite some time, but I easily recognize what wouldâve put the lights out and what was irrelevant. At least I like to think I do