Reaction score
When I go to lift it off the carpet and it sounds like velcro... :nuke:

Respects (from a distance of course),
Bill Parsons
Triangle Kenpo Institute

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Respect your training partners, respect yourself.

Wash your gi and other training clothes after every use. Wash all of your equipment regularly.

Do it to avoid odor, athletes foot, jock itch, acne, and horrible skin infections including Staff and the dreaded Ringworm.

:soapbox:

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Every time, though I use a system similar to Seig's.
I hope you guys remember to tip the laundry girl! :)

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Clean your mats with an antiseptic cleaner regularly. Preferably 2 or more times per week.

Working out in filth is not macho and will not make you a better martial artist.

I know a BJJ Black Belt who was HOSPITALIZED from a full-body-rash Staff infection he claims to have picked up from a dirty mat.

cashwo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Old Fat Kenpoka said:
Clean your mats with an antiseptic cleaner regularly. Preferably 2 or more times per week.

Working out in filth is not macho and will not make you a better martial artist.

I know a BJJ Black Belt who was HOSPITALIZED from a full-body-rash Staff infection he claims to have picked up from a dirty mat.
i second that. antiseptic cleaner is very important. i hear some people use bleach to clean mats but i've heard that it doens't kill everything.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
cashwo said:
i second that. antiseptic cleaner is very important. i hear some people use bleach to clean mats but i've heard that it doens't kill everything.
If bleach doesn't kill everything on that mat, I don't think I want to train in the location the mat is placed...

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
cashwo said:

Bleach kills everything, but it is really bad for skin and needs a really strong rinsing.

Amonia based cleaners kill everything and don't need quite as much rinsing.

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
i have two uniforms and i was them normaly after every workout but sometimes if im short of change (stupid washing machens cost money) ill go two nights per uniform (but thats the most cus if i can just toss them in wiht my roomies cloths on the weekend)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I owned 2 so I always had one clean one and one in the process of being cleaned...

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think I have 10 uniforms which I rotate wearing. I wash the uniform after each training. That's basic hygiene though I've experienced training with some folks who simply threw their uniform in the back of their car til the next training. :(

Miles

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I always bring a fresh clean uniform with me to every class. I have trained with people who didn't and truthfully grappling with someone with bad BO isn't a pleasant experience. :fart:

Storm

Green Belt
Reaction score
I sweat like a man. So many women just go pink and dont sweat - not me..

I have to wash it after every session in the summer. I can sometimes wear it twice in winter but I found that three times during any month is digusting. When you can smell yourself thats deffinatley a problem.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Washing each time is an especially good idea for grapplers--both for odor and for disease control.

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
Im with ya storm...I sweat like a man too...is quite a good grappling tech I have developed, because when your opponent goes to grab ya, they just slip right off.. ;)
I try and wash my Gi after every training, but since it is coming into winter, and I only have off 2 days a week, I sometimes will go two days without washing. Just spry ya self down with deodorant (shower in a can).

In Summer it is no problem because we can wear a t-shirt or our Gi.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
When the first flies start gathering!

HA!!

Just kidding. I almost always pop it into the washer right when I get home after practice/training...etc.

Your Bro.
John

Latest Discussions