How NOT To Break A World Record!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Some people... get a little training and they're GODS!
This particular wanna be thought he could break X # of coconuts with his sword hand strike in record time. But as the comment says it'd be a good idea to try and break one off camera just to make sure you can do it. Any idea how HARD a coconut shell is? Need a lot more than brawn I can tell ya that!
http://www.break.com/index/how-not-to-break-a-world-record.html
Watch and learn folks. I doubt this guy is going to try it again.
Anyone recognize his belt however??

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Some people... get a little training and they're GODS!
Watch and learn folks. I doubt this guy is going to try it again.

Isn't this the bloke from Monty Python who tried to eat an entire gothic cathedral...or perhaps it's his brother...

hogstooth

Green Belt
Reaction score
lol. that was hilarious. Maybe he should have put them into the oven and dried them out or pre-cracked them so they would break. What a trip this guy was. I have a hard time imagining that he is a Godan seeing how he kept missing the coconuts and hitting the steel beam. Ouch, I bet that hurt or maybe what we didn't know is he was really using his chi to send harmonic waves through the beam and that inturn would eventually break the coconuts. They just didn't wait long enough. I bet there was coconut milk all over after tha camera's turned off. Too bad they didn't catch it on film.
Damn I guess we missed it. Maybe next time after he gets out of the hospital for hand reconstruction. LOL!!!!!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not a good choice to line them up on what looks like an I beam, either. Sheesh.

newy085

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm at work so I can't watch the video, but I think it is one I have seen before. If it is check out the embroidery on the belt. I do karate, and we get ours embroided in japanese, but his just says "FIGHTING" written in a very japanesy text, pissed myself laughing when I seen it.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Even if he pre-cracked the shells, or heat-embrittled them (or both), such methods would still do no good, if he can't hit the 'nuts with his hand.

Now, to his credit, he isn't exactly an utter weakling. After all, he did manage to pound that steel beam about 10 times...

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You know that is just too funny. :rofl:

Good rule to follow when trying for something on camera is to always
have tried it off camera first.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Even if he pre-cracked the shells, or heat-embrittled them (or both), such methods would still do no good, if he can't hit the 'nuts with his hand.

Now, to his credit, he isn't exactly an utter weakling. After all, he did manage to pound that steel beam about 10 times...
Yeah and you can see his hand contort each time too... moron.

(uhh, I meant HE's the moron not... uhh... oh never mind!)

BrandonLucas

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think there's something else on his belt besides the word "fighting", but still...

Wow.

hogstooth

Green Belt
Reaction score
maybe it's "rather be" fighting than breaking my hand on this I-beam and these darn nut's.

dragonswordkata

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I can show my wife that video the next time she rolls her eyes at some bonehead play i make. They say there is always someone stronger and faster then you, well I am glad to see that saying works the other way too.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I can show my wife that video the next time she rolls her eyes at some bonehead play i make. They say there is always someone stronger and faster then you, well I am glad to see that saying works the other way too.
If you're lucky she won't make the comparison of someone being stupider than you... :rolleyes:... knowing women.

hogstooth

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am afraid my wike would get the wrong idea and try to break a world record with another set of nuts. Ouch!
Mean woman I married. I guess she would have to be to put up with me.

Latest Discussions