How many?

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
I always figured it to be a great way to have more people to play with. Adult classes always seemed to be small.

I also love to spar with beginners. (naturally it strokes my ego when they are all timid ;) ) I want to have more people to work with later so I have to make sure it's a fun experience for them.
Yeah, my ego is all over the place in my class. We line up for sparring and rotate clock wise after each spar and get a new partner. I get a couple of blue belts and think Im going great then we rotate and I get a 6th dan and get my *** handed to me, followed by a 4th dan who makes me look silly, then a red belt and I feel confident again and then a 3rd dan.......and on and on it goes, but the variety of adults helps heaps, not just different rank but tall guys, short guys, skinny guys, big guys etc etc, it has improved my sparring heaps.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Certainly a different feel going to the ex Marine, twice my size all solid muscle from the tiny 16 yo or the 65 yo lady with shot joints....even going less than half power I had to work a lot harder in that match, if only to run and stay out of reach! ;)

But yes, I think it's good for the skill to be the teacher in one match and the student the next.

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't have the luxury of enough time for separate adult/children classes. Hell, I don't even that the luxury of the Y advertising me at all, in the membership drive thingy that came in the mail no mention of TKD. Anyways, I get all kids, 2 adults ONLY because they are friends with one of my instructors. I do know a guy in the next town over, he gets adults in the door by offering a discount if they have kids in the school.

Latest Discussions