How Effective Is Bodybuilding For Self Defence?

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thread is so off the rails, I actually feel the need to post here.

How Effective Is Bodybuilding For Self Defence?​

Very. My evidence? Nobody would ever tried to fight Hugh Jackman in the real world.

1640889188681.png

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score

Very. My evidence? Nobody would ever tried to fight Hugh Jackman in the real world.

View attachment 27866
Is that from body building? He needs to have that vein looked at. I’m no doctor but who was his surgeon?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not the way you seem to be thinking.
It might help the flow of conversation/help others understand your viewpoint better if you share a bit about your experience (in martial arts and/or in real SD situations), so we know where you're coming from.

Unkogami

Purple Belt
Reaction score

Why not?

Unkogami

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It might help the flow of conversation/help others understand your viewpoint better if you share a bit about your experience (in martial arts and/or in real SD situations), so we know where you're coming from.
It's sort of a long story.

tim po

Green Belt
Reaction score
Is that from body building? He needs to have that vein looked at. I’m no doctor but who was his surgeon?
body building, and a whole lot of creatine and arginine alpha-ketoglutarate. pro's can go up and down in muscle mass very quickly, they have money, time, and the best professional trainers. look at Christian Bale. Reign of Fire, he's jacked. 2 years later, the Machinist, he was rail thin. 2 more years, he was the Dark Knight. although i enjoyed that Wolverine movie most of all( there were Ninjas, ok?) i got the impression they made for no other reason than becasue someone noticed that Hugh Jackman had gone to the trouble of becoming Huge Jackedman!

tim po

Green Belt
Reaction score
body building, and a whole lot of creatine and arginine alpha-ketoglutarate. pro's can go up and down in muscle mass very quickly, they have money, time, and the best professional trainers. look at Christian Bale. Reign of Fire, he's jacked. 2 years later, the Machinist, he was rail thin. 2 more years, he was the Dark Knight. although i enjoyed that Wolverine movie most of all( there were Ninjas, ok?) i got the impression they made for no other reason than becasue someone noticed that Hugh Jackman had gone to the trouble of becoming Huge Jackedman!
actually, Logan was my favorite.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was just jokin around which is what I’m usually up to. Can’t take me too seriously.

Latest Discussions