How does a martial artist fight a boxer without kicking?

OP
I

IFAJKD

I call that a deflection. In JKD I would teach to avoid a Bob and weave however and utilize stop hits (shoulder stops) and if it was a wide hay maker type of cross I would employ eye jabs and low line leg kicks....yada yada yada

Deflections: standing in a left lead and deflecting a jba (reverse hand movements for cross . A def would be the right hand parrying the jab and the left hand comming under the right and inserting at a straight angle towards their head or body. Reverse for lead change.... Before anyone OJKD people begin with JKD being right lead. It is really moot as lead is only really used as a teaching tool. In all actuality there is no lead as it is always shifting. (benefit of weapons training) If you insert deep into the opponent it's called (by me) Jamming. It is a great technique to work with as it gets you in quick, safe and deep.

none the less, deflections are not trapping techniques. I refer to trapping techniques such as Pak Sao, Lop Sao, Jao Sao etc. many others yes. but also many techniques, I suspect, are more universal then we think. It is rare to see trapping abandon the centerline mentality. Kali does add to this but deflections are still more of a greatly modified parry technique.

Latest Discussions