How come all the good threads get locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The subject title pretty much sums it up!

HOW COME ALL THE GOOD THREADS GET LOCKED?

:soapbox:

:asian:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I blame an epidemic of cranial-rectal inversion myself....

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ditto
People not haveing the common sence to shut the hell up when told to get off a subject

M

Master of Blades

I dunno, I think I was starting to actually make sense in that thread for once. But it was a subject that needed to be ended. And not all good threads get closed, none of mine have ever been :D

OP
DAC..florida

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by tshadowchaser
ditto
People not haveing the common sence to shut the hell up when told to get off a subject

I personally feel the arguing on a TOPIC makes this board fun, especially all the different veiws.

What gets to me is when someone lets their ego get in the way and instead of admitting that they are wrong they begin to personaly attack each other and get off topic forcing the MODS to lock the thread.

A

A.R.K.

Sigh.....

It is as simple as this. If a poster express an allegation, inuendo, snide remark or derogatory name to or against another poster then they should qualify the remark with factual information. They should not play word games, answer a question with a question, engage in mis-direction or evasion or redirect the attack in another direction.

Bob,

I humbily submit to you that this forum be used in the fashion which I attempted previously. If poster X makes a charge or runs his mouth about poster Y then poster Y can come to Bad Budo and ask poster X to post factual information to back up the charge or allegation. This way we all can see if X has factual information or if he is only running his mouth or trolling.

This keeps the rolling problem off the board in general and may go a long way to prevent thread to thread contamination and locks.

For example I felt that Rick did indeed refer to me as a liar, a cheat and that everyone was suspicious of my posts. I provided him fair opportunity to prove what he had said. For indeed, if I AM a cheat, should not you and the staff and the members know it? However, if Rick is merely running off at the mouth and has no facts, then that behaviour is exposed as is the agenda. A simple check and balance system.

So now all should know that I don't cheat people, haven't lied, no poll was conducted by Rick in which he discovered MOST posters are suspicious of me, that I never claimed rank in a Japanese system etc etc. So if the same issue comes up from either Rick or Martial Artist all can see an agenda at work, not polite conversation.

I meant for the aforementioned thread to strictly be between Rick and myself. I asked for no other posts there so that Rick did have the fair opportunity to present factual data for all to see. In this way it could be short and sweet. For either Rick immediately posts the facts, or he goes into stall mode [as he did]. Either way the situation is resolved for the staff and members to see.

Do you understand the concept I'm suggesting? A simply put up or shut up post. It doensn't need to be long and drawn out. Doesn't need to be bogged down with others opinons. A simple short exchange between the two involved. Either there is fact or there is not. Staff can deal appropriately either way and the situation is contained to one forum and to one thread.

Please treat this as a humble suggestion to avert future problems from flaring up. My thread didn't work as planned because of multiple tempers flaring, but I believe the concept is sound and can work.

Just a thought. Thanks for listening.

R

Rick Tsubota

A message from Ryushikan.

Rick,

Do me a favor and post this on MT under the section where ARK is making a
jackass of himself.........as always.

thanks,

Rob

I was shown this thread by Rick Tsubota and have decided to respond on his
behalf due to his limited ability at English. I stopped posting here a while
back and yet my name is stilldragged through these posts by you, DAC,
Shurite (nice to see you have the guts to comeback the day after I leave),
Disco.

For example I felt that Rick did indeed refer to me as a liar, a
cheat and that everyone was suspicious of my posts. I provided him fair
opportunity to prove what he had said. For indeed, if I AM a cheat, should
not you and the staff and the members know it? However, if Rick is merely
running off at the mouth and has no facts, then that behaviour is exposed as
is the agenda. A simple check and balance system.

I couldn't help but recall the phrase "the pot calling the kettle black"

ARK,

EVERYTHING you have mentioned in your above post summons you up in a
nutshell baby!

Sounds like you are more than a little paranoid to me.

He made a statement using the plural form of YOU instead of the singular
form of YOU.

The only one running off at the mouth I see is you!

So now all should know that I don't cheat people, haven't lied, no
poll was conducted by Rick in which he discovered MOST posters are
suspicious of me, that I never claimed rank in a Japanese system etc etc. So
if the same issue comes up from either Rick or Martial Artist all can see an
agenda at work, not polite conversation.

How soon we forget after you changed your web page half a dozen time because
of the scrutiny you came under from former members of this board.

I remember when you first showed up here calling yourself a SOKE.....isn't
that a Japanese rank? And how it was registered in Kobe, Japan!

Just keep wedging that foot in you mouth ARK and sooner or later you will
choke on it.

I meant for the aforementioned thread to strictly be between Rick and
myself. I asked for no other posts there so that Rick did have the fair
opportunity to present factual data for all to see. In this way it could be
short and sweet. For either Rick immediately posts the facts, or he goes
into stall mode [as he did]. Either way the situation is resolved for the
staff and members to see.

BULL!

If you wanted it to be between you and Rick you should have PMed him, and
Rick says you haven't done so. Instead you piss and moan as always about
posting proof but never seem to come up with any of your own. How about some
of the names of those teachers you claim to have gotten some rank from?

Put up or shut up right back at ya!

Neither I nor the Yili people questioned your skill it was the claims you
made to rank that we questioned. The two were never connected. We asked you
for proof of some of the total BS you were peddling when you first arrived
and you balked big time!

You never coughed up any proof you ust skirted the issue, sucked some
moderator ***, whined and claimed you didn't care about rank. Hell you
claimed more rank than almost anyone on MT......kind of ironic ain't it.

Do you understand the concept I'm suggesting? A simply put up or shut
up post. It doensn't need to be long and drawn out. Doesn't need to be
bogged down with others opinons. A simple short exchange between the two
involved. Either there is fact or there is not. Staff can deal appropriately
either way and the situation is contained to one forum and to one thread.

Please treat this as a humble suggestion to avert future problems
from flaring up. My thread didn't work as planned because of multiple
tempers flaring, but I believe the concept is sound and can work. .

Rick may not know what kind of a snake in the grass you are when it comes to
tactics in posting your "agenda" here but I sure as hell do. So if anyone
should come under scrutiny it's you not Rick. Hell I have met most if not
all of his teachers and know them to be first rate, and he, unlike you has
no problem disclosing who he studied with.

So why don't you lay off someone who is trying to post in a language that is
not their mother tongue (something I doubt you "Mr. PhD Grand SOKE could
even attempt let alone do!) or maybe I really will come back as some
"mystery" person and hound you all over this board.

OP
DAC..florida

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rick Tsubota

Rick,

thanks,

I stopped posting here a while
back and yet my name is stilldragged through these posts by you, DAC,
Shurite (nice to see you have the guts to comeback the day after I leave),
Disco.

I dont think I have been dragging anyones name through anything, I actualy stated in one of my posts that RSK is not here so we shouldnt talk about him.

RSK,
Why are you using someone else to relay messages for you, why dont you just come back.

This thread was not intended to be a place for people to flame or attack each other please refrain from doing so! I dont want the mods to shut this down, I have been under the impression that if their are no personal attacks we can pretty much talk about anything. Lets discuss the above comments like adults.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The last three posts are a perfect example of why these threads get locked. If you're gonna have a cat fight then take it to PM or e-mail, hash it out and then get back in the sandbox with the rest of the kids. The personal bickering on the boards has taken a great deal of the enjoyment out of my visits here of late. I can remember at least a couple of threads that were asked by mods to be taken to PM that weren't and were subsequently locked. The verbal sparring, while it may be entertaining to some, is certainly a detriment to the board as a whole when it goes on and on and on. While the cliche "Can't we all just get along"does come to mind I am by no means naive enough to expect it to happen. I am, I suppose, naive enough to expect grown men and women to have the discipline and courtesy to honor a request by the mods to cut down on the personal squabbling or to "Take it outside" as the case may be.

Arguments are indeed necessary to the growth process of most things but the same argument again and again will certainly stunt the growth of many things. Not being an argumentative individual myself I find it hard to understand the continuing bickering in a public format. I'll continue to come here as I have for the past 6 or 7 months. I've gotten a lot of good information here and while I can't say that I've made any friends I can say that I've made the acquaintance of some great people.

Sorry for the rambling, just tired of seeing the same thing over and over.

R

Rick Tsubota

Originally posted by DAC..florida
I dont think I have been dragging anyones name through anything, I actualy stated in one of my posts that RSK is not here so we shouldnt talk about him.

RSK,
Why are you using someone else to relay messages for you, why dont you just come back.

I talked to Ryushikan about it and he asked me to put this up for him.

Originally posted by DAC..florida
This thread was not intended to be a place for people to flame or attack each other please refrain from doing so! I dont want the mods to shut this down, I have been under the impression that if their are no personal attacks we can pretty much talk about anything. Lets discuss the above comments like adults.

All I hvae seen ark do is personal attacks on me or make trouble in the section.

I don't think real martial arts people come here to read this stupid stuff. It looks like messages on bathroom walls to me so I am going to leave.

good bye.

OP
DAC..florida

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I talked to Ryushikan about it and he asked me to put this up for him.

All I hvae seen ark do is personal attacks on me or make trouble in the section.

I don't think real martial arts people come here to read this stupid stuff. It looks like messages on bathroom walls to me so I am going to leave.

good bye.

You can do as you wish all I have to say about that is that ARK is his own man, but I know that he has never started any flame wars he just defends himself, anyone one who has ever challenged him has done so off of information that they had seen in posts from RSK, no one can seem to come up with thier own gripes.

Rick,
I am an adult and can agree to disagree when I feel the debate is going nowhere dont quit or leave thats the childish thing to do.
agree to disagree! :waah: :waah:

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Rick,

thanks,

Is this kindergarden crap called for?

OP
DAC..florida

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Renegade
I think that some of you need to grow up.

Cant we all just get along....

The people who think this thread is stupid or a waste of time DONT HAVE TO POST ON IT JUST IGNORE IT!
How can you be offended by a thread no one forces anyone to read this stuff I'm not trying to be disrespectful but if you dont like it ignore it, maybe if ARK and Rick were left alone to go at it that would end it for good thats why I'm trying to keep this thread open and asking all posters to have respect for each other. :asian:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why do they need to 'go at it'?

Why do we need yet -another- thread which turns into a pissing match and penis measuring as people jockey for position and needing to be a-vindicated, b-proved rigt and c-have the last word?

This board is not about that crap.

This particular forum is not for exchanging insults, and soothing egos. It is about relating bad experiences and bad instructors.

The same points now being beaten still to powder, are the same points that were powdered 3 months ago.

Now, This is the -LAST- warning. The next time this particular horse comes up, anywhere on this site, some heads are rolling.

I humbily submit to you that this forum be used in the fashion which I attempted previously. If poster X makes a charge or runs his mouth about poster Y then poster Y can come to Bad Budo and ask poster X to post factual information to back up the charge or allegation. This way we all can see if X has factual information or if he is only running his mouth or trolling.

This keeps the rolling problem off the board in general and may go a long way to prevent thread to thread contamination and locks.

This isn't the 'flame pit'.

The questions on lineage, technique, skill, certs, etc are all fine, as long as they are presented with some backing and a little bit of info.

The blanket "hes a fraud, shes a jerk, hes a crook' comments, without any supporting evidence are not.

If all you can post is "I think youre a liar", that is not good enough. Post the reasons why, within a well presented argument.

Here is the summary:
ARK made statements that some took exception to. He was asked to back them up. Some he did not publically back up. Somewhere along the line, the rullers and manhoods were whipped out, and heavily measured. Boogers were flicked, mothers insulted, and comments of 'well my daddy can whup yer daddy'.

Oh wait...that was my 8yr old nephews last fight. Sorry...been getting em confused alot lately...they are so similar it seems. His was the one that ended more pleasantly.

Let me say this again:
Read the policy on Fraud Busting
Re-Read this sites membership rules, procedures and policies.
Re-Read this forums description

Now, go and play nice, cuz next time, Uncle Bob is gonna get the 'Belt', and I don't mean the nice one with all the stripes you wear around your waists.

verstehen Sie? Gut.

OP
DAC..florida

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Why do they need to 'go at it'?

Why do we need yet -another- thread which turns into a pissing match and penis measuring as people jockey for position and needing to be a-vindicated, b-proved rigt and c-have the last word?

This board is not about that crap.

This particular forum is not for exchanging insults, and soothing egos. It is about relating bad experiences and bad instructors.

The same points now being beaten still to powder, are the same points that were powdered 3 months ago.

Now, This is the -LAST- warning. The next time this particular horse comes up, anywhere on this site, some heads are rolling.

This isn't the 'flame pit'.

The questions on lineage, technique, skill, certs, etc are all fine, as long as they are presented with some backing and a little bit of info.

The blanket "hes a fraud, shes a jerk, hes a crook' comments, without any supporting evidence are not.

If all you can post is "I think youre a liar", that is not good enough. Post the reasons why, within a well presented argument.

Here is the summary:
ARK made statements that some took exception to. He was asked to back them up. Some he did not publically back up. Somewhere along the line, the rullers and manhoods were whipped out, and heavily measured. Boogers were flicked, mothers insulted, and comments of 'well my daddy can whup yer daddy'.

Oh wait...that was my 8yr old nephews last fight. Sorry...been getting em confused alot lately...they are so similar it seems. His was the one that ended more pleasantly.

Let me say this again:
Read the policy on Fraud Busting
Re-Read this sites membership rules, procedures and policies.
Re-Read this forums description

Now, go and play nice, cuz next time, Uncle Bob is gonna get the 'Belt', and I don't mean the nice one with all the stripes you wear around your waists.

verstehen Sie? Gut.

Bob,

With all do respect that is exatly what I meant by going at it, it must be done without personal attacks, flaming or making uncle bob mad.

I think that maybe you misunderstood my meaning, my fault sometimes I have a tuff time putting my thoughts on the computer I do not mean to upset anyone or beat a dead horse I just feel that maybe if the feud was restarted now that everyone involved seems to be more respectful in their recent posts it could possibly be solved.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

. . .

I was shown this thread by Rick Tsubota and have decided to respond on his
behalf due to his limited ability at English.

. . .

Dear Rick and Rob,

I have tried to communicate with both of you over the last few weeks.

Persoanlly, your approaches and writing styles are very similar.

Rick, Why did you not reply back properly to me, in my e-mails to you. I ttried to be polite and use proper Japanese. OH and your use of the English Laguage has been quite good both in our e-mails and in your posts.

I once again post my request to you both.

Please answer my questions to you, or do not go off half cocked and changing the subjects or putting words into my mouth. Just like you both(?) have claimed you do not like. It is difficult for me and others to take you serious.

I agree if you have information then post it and we move on. IF not then drop the issue. OR better yet, just reply to me in a polite manner and let me know what the problems with the Moderators are? Let me know what you proof is, if any.

I asked Rob once how do I know he is legit? How do I know anything about someone else. I agree it is bad for peopel to mis-market themselves.

It is my responsibility to allow people to feel comfortable to post here. Yet, it seems that you guys cannot let it die. No one has won. No one will ever win this battle. Only we (Martial Talk and its' Members) will loose members and people who will not post, for fear of being called stupid or ignorant for their questions.

You both have called me names. You both have been upset with me. I have no problems with that.

I ask you to look past your issues, and either take all this discussion private, on both sides or present all your data in clear and concise format without getting personal.

I once again offer you my assistance if you think you need it. Only I ask you to be polite and friendly.

Train Well and Enjoy Life

M

Master of Blades

And while your at it is there any chance of answering my questions in my last post in the locked thread. I was interested in what you said but you did not reply to my email. So I would be thankful if you could get back to me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions