How come all the good threads get locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rick Tsubota

Originally posted by Shuri-te
Rick T.

Would you please let us know if you are a professional translator of English?

Thanks.

Does it matter?

Why do you care?

S

Shuri-te

Just curious where you learned your English and whether you use it professionally. Your answer says much and is just what I expected.

It is best that I follow Kaith's lead here as he and others have indicated a desire to have this thread die-out.

I do appreciate all your inciteful comments.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mod Note: Question about armour moved to Locker Room.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rick Tsubota
Does it matter?

Why do you care?

I agree--let's not ask anyone any more questions about their credentials and such. No one should be expected to answer them here anyway.

M

Master of Blades

I'm interested as to why me and Rich got bypassed in the answering of questions.....:shrug:

P

paihequan

A simple clarification .. not meant to start a "Flame War":

Yes I was associated with Mr. Yabiku Takaya of Sikina, Aoyama, Naha-shi, Okinawa for 9 years. During that time I never "paid" for any rank with anything other than my own sweat. I am no longer associated with Mr. Yabiku and have not had communications with him for quite a number of years.

Thank you for allowing me to clarify this matter.

With due respect to all

:asian:

R

Rick Tsubota

Originally posted by paihequan
A simple clarification .. not meant to start a "Flame War":

Yes I was associated with Mr. Yabiku Takaya of Sikina, Aoyama, Naha-shi, Okinawa for 9 years. During that time I never "paid" for any rank with anything other than my own sweat. I am no longer associated with Mr. Yabiku and have not had communications with him for quite a number of years.

Thank you for allowing me to clarify this matter.

With due respect to all

:asian:

Oh now I am really laughing!
I got an email from Ryushikan that he got from Patrik Macarthy.
Inthat mail you tell Patrik to you never trained with Yabiku but for only a couple of day and also say you bought a Soke rank for $3,000 from some American. So I think you maybe you don't "sweat" too hard for any rank. Pay or not pay you still took rank for only training a couple of day.

Too funny.

As you say "Thank you for allowing me to clarify this matter."

R

Rick Tsubota

Originally posted by arnisador
I agree--let's not ask anyone any more questions about their credentials and such. No one should be expected to answer them here anyway.

I don't mind the question. I hide nothing.
Maybe other people mind?

S

Shuri-te

Paihequan.

While you may think there is some value in responding to this, I would ask you to consider forgoing this debate.

I for one have enjoyed your posts. For one thing you are a model of equanimity, in the face of blatant unfriendliness. When I read your posts, I am reminded of Funakoshi's words.

Those who follow Karate-Do must consider courtesy of prime importance. Without courtesy, the essence of Karate-Do is lost. Courtesy must be practiced not only during the karate training period but at all times in one's daily life. The karate student must humble himself to receive training. It may be said that a presumptuous or conceited person is not qualified to follow Karate-do. The student must always be aware of and receptive to criticism from others; he must be constantly introspective and must readily admit any lack of knowledge, rather than pretending to know what he does not know.

Those who follow Karate-do must never forsake a humble mind and gentle manner.

Paihequan, I think these words aptly describe you. I read on another thread: "Sorry you can't have a perfect world." No question about that. But IMO, this board would be a whole lot better if some posters could learn from this great message.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK...

I give up.

Its nice to know that those who are no longer here still read MT religiously.

Here is my opinion:

Everyone, STFU!.

I'm tired of the game. The faces have changed, but its still the same game.

Enough. I'm sick and tired of getting the flaming emails from the whiners on both sides. Grow the hell up.

The issues here are dead, beaten to dust.

This threads now locked, and the NEXT! person to dig up something from here, is gone.

:soapbox:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions