High Rank and Multiple Arts

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
By wagon train it should only take you three to four months.
:yoda:
OH, yeah, go ahead and pick on me because of my age. :D Oh, you mean I could fly? With my luck I'd get to the airport and find out they'd just changed the rules to no luggage at all. Last time I flew, was just boarding the plane for a 2 1/2 hour flight out of an *international* airport, when they announced that the plane's lavatories were out of service for the entire flight. :eek: Naw, gimme the wagons and oxen. ;)

Okay, seriously OT, so to keep anyone but me from possible reprimand, returning to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok,
I am going to throw this out there. I will have KenpoJoe at my dojo as an honored guest. Anyone who wants to see what he has been talking about is more than welcome to come to the seminar. I have not personally called him or asked him yet but i do know he will be there when a date is picked (he is always willing to share info). This will not happen until early spring so everyone will have time to make plans and come in. I will not let the event get out of hand and become a he said she said event- and disrespectful people will be asked to leave at my discretion (where as far as im concerned should be the rule for anyones school) it will be fun and educational for all. Maybe i'll bring in some other instructors who i respect and we can make a full day out of it, And then MJS can buy me a drink instead of Joe because i have never seen KenpoJoe drink anything but milk at social events.
Jesse E. Dwire IV
www.dpkempo.com

Sounds like a good time. Please keep us informed as the time gets closer so we can plan for this. :)

Mike

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
RevIV,
May I attend your event? I would like to see Rudy again.

I would be honored to have you at the event.. And you can read me like a book, you know Rudy will be there doing his thing. Whoever can make it will be more than welcome. there are some major seminars in Jan./ feb/ and march so it will need to be an april thing.
Jesse

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ok,
I am going to throw this out there. I will have KenpoJoe at my dojo as an honored guest. Anyone who wants to see what he has been talking about is more than welcome to come to the seminar. I have not personally called him or asked him yet but i do know he will be there when a date is picked (he is always willing to share info). This will not happen until early spring so everyone will have time to make plans and come in. I will not let the event get out of hand and become a he said she said event- and disrespectful people will be asked to leave at my discretion (where as far as im concerned should be the rule for anyones school) it will be fun and educational for all. Maybe i'll bring in some other instructors who i respect and we can make a full day out of it, And then MJS can buy me a drink instead of Joe because i have never seen KenpoJoe drink anything but milk at social events.
Jesse E. Dwire IV
www.dpkempo.com

Hi folks!
Dear Jesse,
Thank you for the offer! I'll be more than happy to parcipitate in teaching a seminar! I'm always willing to share my knowledge with others and to gain insight from them as well! BTW, I do drink orange juice [no pulp],Sunkist Orange Soda and occasional tea with chinese food as well!
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would be honored to have you at the event.. And you can read me like a book, you know Rudy will be there doing his thing. Whoever can make it will be more than welcome. there are some major seminars in Jan./ feb/ and march so it will need to be an april thing.
Jesse

Please count me in as a tentative yes, work permitting and all that jazz. :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Carol,
Just bring your lap top with an air card, work and play at the same time.
:boing1:

Had to ditch the air card. It's not fast enough for the softphone that runs on my laptop. Now if there happens to be high speed internet connection available to me on site, then we can talk :D

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok,

Jesse E. Dwire IV

Master Dwire IV,
I would love to come to this event also, if there is room??? also bringing down some of my students.
I had a great time with Kenpo Joe when Grand Master Elmer Jr. was up at my Dojo.

also wondering about the DVD we talked about? have you made it yet???

Kosho

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Master Dwire IV,
I would love to come to this event also, if there is room??? also bringing down some of my students.
I had a great time with Kenpo Joe when Grand Master Elmer Jr. was up at my Dojo.

also wondering about the DVD we talked about? have you made it yet???

Kosho -
You and your students are more than welcome to come. We have plenty of room at our new location. About the video.. sorry its taking so long, i have been sick and then last week my chief instructor at the Natick school came down with Mono - so i have been shuffling instructors to his school to cover until Christmas break.
Jesse

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks,
Let me know when it is all set, for the seminar.
with the video if you have not made me one thats ok. Will talk over the phone. Hope you get some rest soon. Look forward to seeing you in the year to come. have a great holiday.

kosho

Reaction score
I think that the point of this thread is centered upon the concept of "EARN". ...
...if it IS that easy to EARN rank in the arts listed, how good can those arts really be?

Hi Danjo,
Nice seeing you again.
I'm glad you brought up both of the above points, the point about "earn" and the point about "easy".

It reminds me of the old arguments against NLP. Since NLP has an effective Fast Phobia Change Drill that works in five minutes, those classical psychologists are angry at NLP.

Why?

Because they cannot fix a phobia in 20 years of counciling. So the problem was NOT about NLP but was about what people who are classical psychologists EXPECT AND BELIEVE.

Back in the late 70's and the early 80's it took about 5 years, total obedience and a act of God to receive an NLP Trainer's Certificate.

Now-a-days, you can get one in 30 days if you know how to build rapport with the trainer.

The same thing has happened massively within the martial arts.

For a martial arts example, back in the early days of Kenpo Karate Ed Parker ran into a lot of prejudice against him and his skills and his RANK because it did not conform to the dominant martial arts of the time.

Both of your points about "earn" and "easy" should be addressed. Thank you for bringing them up.

Dr. John M. La Tourrette
www.realspeedhitting.com

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Danjo,
Nice seeing you again.
I'm glad you brought up both of the above points, the point about "earn" and the point about "easy".

It reminds me of the old arguments against NLP. Since NLP has an effective Fast Phobia Change Drill that works in five minutes, those classical psychologists are angry at NLP.

Why?

Because they cannot fix a phobia in 20 years of counciling. So the problem was NOT about NLP but was about what people who are classical psychologists EXPECT AND BELIEVE.

Back in the late 70's and the early 80's it took about 5 years, total obedience and a act of God to receive an NLP Trainer's Certificate.

Now-a-days, you can get one in 30 days if you know how to build rapport with the trainer.

The same thing has happened massively within the martial arts.

For a martial arts example, back in the early days of Kenpo Karate Ed Parker ran into a lot of prejudice against him and his skills and his RANK because it did not conform to the dominant martial arts of the time.

Both of your points about "earn" and "easy" should be addressed. Thank you for bringing them up.

Dr. John M. La Tourrette
www.realspeedhitting.com

I'm not sure where you're going with it, but are you saying that the five years to an NLP certificate and the five years to a black belt are now both obtainable in 30 days if you're in tight with the instructor?

Reaction score
I'm not sure where you're going with it, but are you saying that the five years to an NLP certificate and the five years to a black belt are now both obtainable in 30 days if you're in tight with the instructor?

Your derogatory twisting of what I said does NOT deserve a public response.

Dr. John M. La Tourrette

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know. Lot of folks out there with reams of certs from their frinking buddies.
Grand Master Charlitan and Supreme Soke Sucky, both with 20+ 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th dans come to my mind. Check out some of these so called "boards" and look at what they claim. Don't you dare call them on it though, they get quite bitchy when you do that. Couple of these "masters" are on this site. Most don't last long as their egos write checks that belay their true lack of quality.

(by the way, if you aren't Japanese, doing a Japanese art, you aren't a Soke, you're a Sucky. Don't like it, bite my shiny metal ***, you cultural disrespecting fraud.)

Sorry, it takes more than a year or 2 to master any art, I don't care how old you are, and how long you've been training. You may have 35 years in Kenpo, but you aren't going to become a Silat Master in a weekend, no matter how many beers you buy, or how close you got to his sister.

As to NLP, no clue what that is. Is it like NPR? Oh, thank you Wiki.
"Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) is an interpersonal communication model and an alternative approach to psychotherapy based on the subjective study of language, communication and personal change."

Of course the Shrinks are going to *****. It's competition for their boring *** couch sessions where they keep harping about your mother and her fixation that enema's cure everything. Sounds interesting, but if I'm dealing with someone who does it, I'll take the guy who put some serious time in, and not the guy who got his cert from the weekend seminar at the Hilton. (Not Paris, she's open to anyone, what quality is that I ask you?)

For me, I'll focus on learning from someone who has focused on mastering one art, rather than some bozo with a dozen cross-rank paper certs and minimal time actually doing the actual art.

It's why I don't buy into the mail-order university crap, or pay attention to "Doctors" who refuse to tell you where they got their degree from. Sorry, if it was real, you'd be proud to say, and wouldn't get all bent out of shape when someone asks.

(Search around here, you'll find that argument. There's been a few questionable "doctors" pop in and out, like a pop tart after school.

For everyone else bang the rocks together folks. Bang them hard, they like it hard, and loud.

RIP Kevin DuBrow

IV

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Danjo,
I you always make me LOL... Have a great Holiday.

Kosho

Latest Discussions