Help Needed

EidenM

White Belt
Reaction score
How do you change your belt? I joined this and it automatically gave me a white belt.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The belt listed on this forum isn't in reference to your actual belt/rank. It's just a way of knowing who's more/less active-as you post more your belt will increase.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
there is a series of tasks you need to complete. First off you need to download a video of yourself doing 50 push ups.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
there is a series of tasks you need to complete. First off you need to download a video of yourself doing 50 push ups.
I know this is a joke, but I'm curious how many of the members here could actually accomplish such a feat. I'm hoping most of them, but who knows..

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the MT white belt!

In order to progress in the ranks of the Kingdom of Martial Talk Warlords, you need to spar with each individual who replies to any of your posts. Winning 73% of your matches with TKOs ensures a pass to the final round...

A forms competition against @drop bear . And he WILL..... be weary his tie-dye gi.

Ps. Joking bigtime XD, seriously though, welcome to the forums! Enjoy your time here :)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know this is a joke, but I'm curious how many of the members here could actually accomplish such a feat. I'm hoping most of them, but who knows..

I used to work in a bottle shop. And people kept asking for free stuff like stubble holders and junk like that.

So I made them do 50 push ups to earn them.

And most people struggle.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So I made them do 50 push ups to earn them.
I prefer to hold weight in my hand and do 700 different punches (jab, cross, hook, uppercut, back fist, hammer fist, side punch) than just to do push up.

IMO, there are better thing to do for a MA person than just to do the push up.

Last edited:

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I believe you mean "upload". Whatever he downloads, we shouldn't be able to see (unless you've hacked his system).

Do we get to spread this out over 2 sets? If so, I can easily do this.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some years ago went to a seminar with Jhoon Rhee. I am not sure exactly how old he was but it was 60+. One of his notable demos was 100 Pushups in one minute. He explained right away that they would not be strict push ups in order to reach 100 in 60 seconds. . Still impressive and inspired me to work toward duplicating the feet.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some years ago went to a seminar with Jhoon Rhee. I am not sure exactly how old he was but it was 60+. One of his notable demos was 100 Pushups in one minute. He explained right away that they would not be strict push ups in order to reach 100 in 60 seconds. . Still impressive and inspired me to work toward duplicating the feet.
While that kind of thing is impressive, it doesn't really challenge the muscles anything nearly as fully as a push-up. It's something to work toward, at least.