HELP: In over my head

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not to bore you guys with my adventures in shooting...

Thursday is graduation of the high school. One girl asked me if I was going to be there to take pictures, since I have been taking such nice ones throughout the year.

I am absolutely totally elated that somebody likes my 'work' (or rather the lucky shots I managed to get), and not just a little flustered.

Now, graduation will be at 8PM, when it's getting dark, I have never been to one before (I graduated from a German school, soooo much difference...)

I am in over my head!

tell me I will be alright!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You will be fine. Keep don't what you are doing and keep sharing what you shoot :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When in doubt, shoot extra shots.

You'll be fine.

Post some afterwards. :)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you'll do fine...

But never be afraid to say that something is beyond you or your equipment or training. I had someone ask me if I'd make them a dining table; I told them no. I don't have the shop, I don't have the clamps, I'm simply was not equipped to do the job properly.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh, you are sooooo screwed! (I Keed, I keed!)

It's not like they'll call off the graduation or anything. It will all be fine. You have the eye. Regardless of whatever else is going on, you have the eye. (Not all of us have the eye, I sure don't.) Go have fun!

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Go out tonight at and after the same starting time and do some sample practicing shots. See what works best. If your camera supports both, try both flash and high iso, see what you are getting. If it isn't too far or off-limits, try your practice shots where the graduation will be held.

You seem to have some skills and the 'eye' so I wouldn't get too worked up over it. Just do what you know to do. It should be fine.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
One hour til show time...I am so nervous!

I normally just shoot, what ever happens happens...now I am having EXPECTATIONS! :eek:

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ah, reasonably well, aside from the fact it was dark, the setup across from the track in the middle of the football field.

And I did not recognize most of the kids with their robes on instead of regular clothes.

I have not yet uploaded the pictures. I wimped out a bit, after all, 10 of my favorite people in the school won't be back except for maybe a guest appearance in the fall.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you are comfortable with what you did. No less than I expected.

Latest Discussions