Hello

dlcox

Blue Belt
Reaction score
New to the forum. I'm a practitioner of Bei Xizang Lama Bai He Pai Quan, Hong Tou Cai Wei Quan (not Zhoujia Quan) and Ruanjia Yong Chun Quan. If anyone is interested in any of these methods feel free to PM me or start a discussion. I'll do my best to answer any questions.

Dave

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello I'm Donald, practice goju ryu, kobudo northern shaolin(only a little) xing yi (slightly more than the last) nice to meet you

OP
D

dlcox

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. Nice to meet you all.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nice to meet you. Sounds like some interesting styles you train in. Would love to learn more about them.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome. :wavey:

I'm not going to pretend I know anything of your style of training. :s445:

OP
D

dlcox

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi All.

Bei Xizang Lama Bai He Pai Quan - Northern Tibetan Lama White Crane Sect Boxing

Hong Tou Cai Wei Quan - Head of Hong Tail of Cai Boxing, not the same as Zhoujia (Jow Ga).

Ruanjia Yong Chun Quan - Ruan (Yuen) Family Eternal Springtime Boxing (Wing Chun)

If that helps any. I've been in TCMA for over 30 years, so if you have any questions please feel free to ask. I'll do my best to explain or clairify anything I am capable of.

Dave

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi All.

Bei Xizang Lama Bai He Pai Quan - Northern Tibetan Lama White Crane Sect Boxing

Hong Tou Cai Wei Quan - Head of Hong Tail of Cai Boxing, not the same as Zhoujia (Jow Ga).

Ruanjia Yong Chun Quan - Ruan (Yuen) Family Eternal Springtime Boxing (Wing Chun)

If that helps any. I've been in TCMA for over 30 years, so if you have any questions please feel free to ask. I'll do my best to explain or clairify anything I am capable of.

Dave

I see, so these are all Chinese styles. Fascinating stuff.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
New to the forum. I'm a practitioner of Bei Xizang Lama Bai He Pai Quan, Hong Tou Cai Wei Quan (not Zhoujia Quan) and Ruanjia Yong Chun Quan. If anyone is interested in any of these methods feel free to PM me or start a discussion. I'll do my best to answer any questions.

Dave

Welcome

What is "Ruanjia" Wing Chun

OP
D

dlcox

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Welcome

What is "Ruanjia" Wing Chun

Ruan (Yuen) Family. It's Yongchun (Wing Chun) from Ruan Ji Yun (Yuen Chai Wan) and his brother Ruan Kei Shan (Yuen Kay San).

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What's this Lama Pai you practice?

I practice Lama Pai from Chan Tai San's lineage. I've never heard it described as "Bei Xizang Lama Bai He Pai Quan - Northern Tibetan Lama White Crane Sect Boxing".

Can you give a run down on that?

Last edited:

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What's this Lama Pai you practice?

I practice Lama Pai from Chan Tai San's lineage. I've never heard it described as "Bei Xizang Lama Bai He Pai Quan - Northern Tibetan Lama White Crane Sect Boxing".

Can you give a run down on that?

Also could you do the same with the Hung Tao Choy Mei? Not many people call it that any more.

OP
D

dlcox

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Also could you do the same with the Hung Tao Choy Mei? Not many people call it that any more.

I do not refer to it as Lama Pai but as Bai He Pai. The Bei Xizang Lama prefix is to distinguish it from Fujian Bai He. I stem from the Wu Jian Hua and Liu Jun Ren lines. Wu was a senior student of Huang Lin Kai and Liu was originally a student of Wu until his death then became a student of Bai He Pai "founder" Wu Zhao Zhong. My Shifu is Kuang Zui Han student of Wu and Liu.

The Hong Tou Cai Wei that I practice stems from the Huang family of Taishan it is no relation to Zhoujia. It is commonly called Fojia Quan and sometimes Wu Taijia Quan. It's lineage dates back to the monk San De. It is a simple method said to be the original basic training art of the southern Shaolin temple.

Latest Discussions