Hello from Flagstaff, AZ

geocad

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello all! I'm new to this forum so I thought I would introduce myself. I'm George and I now live in Flagstaff. I'm currently looking for a new school (Ju Jitsu, Judo, Hwa Rang Do, or Kick Boxing) so if you know of any in this area please pass on their number or website.

It's been awhile since I've trained (7 yrs) in HRD but now that I'm a father of a 4 year old, I thought I better lead by example. There's no sense in having my son attend Karate if I'm not doing something too. Don't you agree?

Cheers,

geoCAD

MetalStorm

Green Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, good luck finding a gym you like, im sure theres gotta be people on here that know some.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello geocad, and welcome to MT. Who was your previous HRD instructor?

OP
G

geocad

Green Belt
Reaction score
Shesulsa - I read a few pages of the thread where you were inquiring about KJN Ken Corona. KJN was my master instructor in Tempe. I actually started HRD back in the early 90's with the Arizona State University HRD club under JKN Sean Arteaga. But, unfortunately, the stress of a bad relationship and trying to graduate caused me to stop. I'm once again motivated to start MA again and thought I would try either HRD here in Flagstaff (if available) or even Ju Jitsu or Judo.

Years ago I attended one of KJN's Sulsa camps. Your name brings back memories of trucking through the forest in the middle of the night trying not to be spotted by the instructors.

~G

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shesulsa - I read a few pages of the thread where you were inquiring about KJN Ken Corona. KJN was my master instructor in Tempe. I actually started HRD back in the early 90's with the Arizona State University HRD club under JKN Sean Arteaga. But, unfortunately, the stress of a bad relationship and trying to graduate caused me to stop. I'm once again motivated to start MA again and thought I would try either HRD here in Flagstaff (if available) or even Ju Jitsu or Judo.

Years ago I attended one of KJN's Sulsa camps. Your name brings back memories of trucking through the forest in the middle of the night trying not to be spotted by the instructors.

~G
Heh! Sulsa camp, OORah! *chuckle* What year did you go?

OP
G

geocad

Green Belt
Reaction score
Gosh darn it, that camp must have been 10 or 12 years ago. I still have the T-shirt though.

Did you train in his Tempe or Phoenix dojos? Are you in AZ now studying with him?

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gosh darn it, that camp must have been 10 or 12 years ago. I still have the T-shirt though.

Did you train in his Tempe or Phoenix dojos? Are you in AZ now studying with him?
I went to Sulsa Camp in '99. I train in Washington with one of Master Corona's BBs.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome...