Hello from the U.P. of Michigan!

Scotty P

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello guys and gals, just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I'm 52 years old from Marquette MI and have been training in ITF Taekwondo for about 5 years now. I just recently got my 1st Dan black belt and that was a pretty big deal for me. Going to keep training for as long as I can. Cheers!

Orange Lightning

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hello guys and gals, just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I'm 52 years old from Marquette MI and have been training in ITF Taekwondo for about 5 years now. I just recently got my 1st Dan black belt and that was a pretty big deal for me. Going to keep training for as long as I can. Cheers!

Congrats on the belt. :)
I'm from Michigan too. :3
Despite being a yooper, I will treat you like a normal human. :D

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Great to have you here!!!

and can I ask please what is U.P.? in Michigan? (for some one who is not from round your way :)) Jxox

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, bro.

Orange Lightning

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Great to have you here!!!

and can I ask please what is U.P.? in Michigan? (for some one who is not from round your way :)) Jxox

It means Upper Peninsula. Michigan has a lower and upper peninsula. Michigan split in half by a body of water across the middle.
I'm from the L.P. There's a dumb rivalry about dumb little stuff. It's sort of just a big joke that we're all in on. That's what my crappy comment was about. :p

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Wait a second?! That means the instructor is going to hit you harder and more often... and sometimes just because he feels like it :eek:
good job on the promotion, a big step foward
welcome to MT

OP
S

Scotty P

White Belt
Reaction score
Congrats on the belt. :)
I'm from Michigan too. :3
Despite being a yooper, I will treat you like a normal human. :D

Thank you! And I promise not to call you a troll lol. :p

Welcome to MartialTalk!

Love Marquette and the UP. Hope that spring is approaching you guy's and the weather is changing!

It's 60 degrees out today! Still lots of snow left though and the forecast for the next week is back into the low 30's.

I appreciate all the warm welcomes, and yes my instructor is hitting me hard! Got my first two forms down now, Kwang Gae and Po Eun. I really like Kwang Gae.