Have you ever used a weapon?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've found that the mere sound of racking a pump action shotgun is a HELL of a detterent. Used? Well, if warning shots count, then yeah. I lived in an apartment in a bad neighborhood and had a .357. One night some jackass came over the fence into my teeny tiny patio while I was in the shower, I chased him, bare nekkid out the door, gun in hand and fired a shot into the ground as a combination warning/threat/call for help. I have never seen anyone run so fast.

meth18au

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Baseball bat, cricket bat, extendable baton, knife (once only- and didn't really want to- but had to sort of thing), chain, trolley pole, a small TV, rocks, sand....that's all I can think of at any rate....

Oh....and my fists, elbows, knees and feet.....of course

:)

benj13bowlin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
M16A2, Browning .50, and Beretta 9mm.

My favorite was the time I got to drive a M109A6 “Paladin” Through a 10’ cinderblock wall chasing a little white truck. It was like something you would see in a movie.

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Going all the way back...
pencil
maglite
motorcycle helmet with the strap tied tight
oc spray
kitchen knife (not my first choice)
lot's of instances of having to draw duty weapon, never had to fire it at a human.(Animals are another story. I'm really tired of people getting these pitbulls, not training them and then letting them run loose in the neighborhood. Of course animal control is worthless most of the time because of how long it takes them to respond, if they come out at all . . .)

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Long ago, when I was a student, I used to wear a motorcycle chain with what I now recall as 1.25" links, around my waist, with leather ties that I attached to the two end links and tied in a quick-release knot so it could be worn as a belt. I wore it under whatever outerwear I had on, every day of the year any time I had to go out anywhere (in upper Manhattan, 1960s). On several occasions (mostly, for some reason, on the subway) I felt it wise to remove it from my waist and show it to certain people who were acting very badly. Whatever they were armed with (and it's very likely they were carrying something), the sight of two and a half feet of motorcycle chain seemed to lead to much better behavior very quickly, so I never actually had to swing it into anyone's teeth, which was probably best for both of us! :D But it seems to me that if displaying a weapon gets a would-be assailant to go back to his book, you can still call that a use of the weapon, eh?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My dad was selling fruit at a farmer's market in Santa Barbara a thug grabbed for the cash box as dad was pouring coffee. First Dad yelled, then he tossed his cup of coffee, soap opera style into the guy's face. The guy, 6 inches taller and 80 pounds heavier, punched Dad in the face, so Dad started wailing on him with the Metal thermos bottle, after a couple of minutes some people jumped the guy and held him until the cops showed.

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score
In high school, pencils, pens, fence paling, bicycle (not just the chain, the WHOLE thing... just rode it into the back of 2 local thugs who were working over this kid i knew)

Only once have i used a weapon since escaping the ravages of adolescence tho... and that was semi by accident. I used to work at a picture framer and there was this slimy sales rep who used to come in occasionally. One day he sneaked up behind me and groped me - something he really shouldn't have done while i was using the nail gun!
icon10.gif
He was lucky he got away with only one brad in the leg...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
qi-tah, all I can say is "Youch!". Well, you can't say he didn't deserve it I suppose - tho' a slap in the face might have embarassed him more (assuming there were witnesses).

I'll bet regardless that he never did that again tho' :D.

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score
qi-tah, all I can say is "Youch!". Well, you can't say he didn't deserve it I suppose - tho' a slap in the face might have embarassed him more (assuming there were witnesses).

I'll bet regardless that he never did that again tho' :D.

I didn't feel too badly about it... i mean c'mon, sneaking up on ppl working with power tools isn't a very smart thing to do. The shot in the leg part was purely instinctive... i just swung around and bang. (The semi part was refraining from nailing his goolies to the wall with the rest of the clip...
icon10.gif
)

And yeah, he stayed well clear of me after that!
icon7.gif

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The shot in the leg part was purely instinctive... i just swung around and bang.

I probably shouldn't be thinking this... but, given the revolting provocation involved, there must have been something very satisfying about have been able to respond that way. I mean, how often does a combination of disgusting attitude and unbelievable stupidity like that get punished so quickly and decisively? :lol:

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've given somebody a little love-tap with a pool cue once. Scared off somebody else who was coming after me with a ball-pien hammer when I showed the 44 Mag I had in the shoulder holster, didn't have to use it though (yes, I would have ventilated him if needed.)