Hard Core Training

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yea, But what I meant was like other strenous exercises.

Yea my sifu had us do that all time in his basement he had a pull up bar down there. Those can be killer. Also there are some pull up bars at my job I use from time to time.

Don't you have to be able to do a lot of pull ups and chin ups in the marines , wouldn't they be body builders . They hit a lot of different muscles at once like your biceps , lats ,forearms , grip and core muscles and there is a lot of people who can't even do one rep.

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
But you have a few who want to be fit and atheletes. You have to weed out the weed heads and find the ones who are interested in healthy body. But Mystic Wolf what are some of extra stuff your doing now to prepare for the cage.

Like what type of cardio or strenght training are you doing?

Or playing video games and eating unhealthy snacks.
Then again, I live in Texas where we are classified as the heaviest state in America.

I talk to people at work about working out and eating healthy, now I sit alone at lunch.

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Or playing video games and eating unhealthy snacks.
Then again, I live in Texas where we are classified as the heaviest state in America.

I talk to people at work about working out and eating healthy, now I sit alone at lunch.

Hey! I love my unhealthy snacks, and my video games, especially resident evil! There's just nothing like killing zombies while eating pepperoni pizza! lol!

I think if you work out regularly you can get away with much more. There's no reason to become a fitness monk.
Balance it all out. Eat the amount you need when your hungry and then stop eating. (I've noticed alot of American's just eat gigantic proportions)

I worked as a computer tech for years and as soon as I got home I'd do my little work out plan, have a couple of beers, watch t.v. or get on the net, and crash. When I got up in the morning, I'd stretch, drink some coffee and go to work. It was just nitched into my daily routine.

I think the big difference was that hubbie and I cook, and we usually only eat what we cook. We even make our own chips instead of buying corn chips in a bag.
Once or twice a week I'd splerge and get a pizza, hot wings, or something fast food. But, just as a break from cooking(that does get old! lol!)

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yea, But what I meant was like other strenous exercises.

Yea my sifu had us do that all time in his basement he had a pull up bar down there. Those can be killer. Also there are some pull up bars at my job I use from time to time.

Still waiting for hubbie to put up our chinup bar,... hint, hint. lol!

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
okay i check out the site...so they do mma there too. interesting...lol

anyway the pictures are not cropped very well and the quality needs to be better.

Still waiting for hubbie to put up our chinup bar,... hint, hint. lol!

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That pic was taken by one of those disposable camras about 3 years ago. (can't believe it's been that long! lol!) That's why we just got a new nice little camera. :)
Flood took out my other computer with all the good videos and pics on it. (I knew better not to have back ups, bad techie!)
Had to build another pc, just got this one going like I want it.

Who does MMA? Do you mean us? The only MMA we're involved with is training hubbie. We don't teach MMA, just WC/WT. MMA is just another form of competition that we us WC/WT to compete in. Hubbie likes to compete, whether it's San Shau, a kartate sparring tournament (only continious sparring) MMA whatever. In all he/we use 100% Wing Chun. (although I rarely compete. lol! I did that one time and told hubbie he'd better video tape it 'cause it wasn't gonna happen again. lol! All the folks with camera's left with their kiddos early and no video. too bad so sad, Si-Je's not posing again. lol!)

okay i check out the site...so they do mma there too. interesting...lol

anyway the pictures are not cropped very well and the quality needs to be better.

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Aww come on sister. Be a Mystic Warrior and Brawl again. You can do it...

Fight fight fight

That pic was taken by one of those disposable camras about 3 years ago. (can't believe it's been that long! lol!) That's why we just got a new nice little camera. :)
Flood took out my other computer with all the good videos and pics on it. (I knew better not to have back ups, bad techie!)
Had to build another pc, just got this one going like I want it.

Who does MMA? Do you mean us? The only MMA we're involved with is training hubbie. We don't teach MMA, just WC/WT. MMA is just another form of competition that we us WC/WT to compete in. Hubbie likes to compete, whether it's San Shau, a kartate sparring tournament (only continious sparring) MMA whatever. In all he/we use 100% Wing Chun. (although I rarely compete. lol! I did that one time and told hubbie he'd better video tape it 'cause it wasn't gonna happen again. lol! All the folks with camera's left with their kiddos early and no video. too bad so sad, Si-Je's not posing again. lol!)

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree, come on Big Sister. One for the camera.

Is this peer pressure? Should I stay "above the influence?" lol! Told ya sweetie, one time deal-o, shoulda snagged a camera...
Ya'll funny. :)

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Fight Fight Fight. Do it Do it. Just like the tennis shoe just do it!!!

Is this peer pressure? Should I stay "above the influence?" lol! Told ya sweetie, one time deal-o, shoulda snagged a camera...
Ya'll funny. :)

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
lol! your incouragable!
I may if the need to represent the school arises again. :)
Hubbie usually drags me into all kinds of demo stuff to recruit, and demo videos. Can't stand it. But, I'll do it for him, sometimes...:)
That day hubbie promoted me to "black belt" just for the fight. We do that alot if the student's want to compete at that level. :p But in class their rank is the same as they are promoted in WC/WT, just have to finagle the belts for competition depending on the skill level of our student, so they get a good match.

i.e. a three month student of ours it may be fair to put them in as yellow or orange belt. (white belt would be mean to the other competitor)
but a 6 month to one year student usually goes to black belt sparring, depending on how often in the week they've been training, and how well their doing in training. ;)

I was really over trained for the black belt match..I'd trained WC for over a year and a half when I competed. (almost cheating there! lol!)

Really, I can't compete TKD tourney's anymore. I can't keep from chain punching people in the nose, and they don't have the brains to wear face masks. And now, my wicked elbow keeps popping out there when folks get close in sparing. I can't stop it from doing that! lol!
With elbows, arm wraps, garn sauing the kicking leg making them fall down, advanced stance taking over their space and such, I'd just get disqualified constantly.
TKD sparring competition really works better for the newer student to WC/WT because of the rules.
Now, San Shou, and cage would be more accomodating. And that's just not my thing.
Only fight if I have too.

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You have to fight for Wing Chun...you have to represent Women practicing Wing Chun. Stand up and be counted. Let them see a little girl can be a great Wing Chunner.

An stop elbowing people thats not kind...

Whats wrong with gan sauing the kicking leg making them fall down, advanced stance taking over their space and such.

lol! your incouragable!
I may if the need to represent the school arises again. :)
Hubbie usually drags me into all kinds of demo stuff to recruit, and demo videos. Can't stand it. But, I'll do it for him, sometimes...:)
That day hubbie promoted me to "black belt" just for the fight. We do that alot if the student's want to compete at that level. :p But in class their rank is the same as they are promoted in WC/WT, just have to finagle the belts for competition depending on the skill level of our student, so they get a good match.

i.e. a three month student of ours it may be fair to put them in as yellow or orange belt. (white belt would be mean to the other competitor)
but a 6 month to one year student usually goes to black belt sparring, depending on how often in the week they've been training, and how well their doing in training. ;)

I was really over trained for the black belt match..I'd trained WC for over a year and a half when I competed. (almost cheating there! lol!)

Really, I can't compete TKD tourney's anymore. I can't keep from chain punching people in the nose, and they don't have the brains to wear face masks. And now, my wicked elbow keeps popping out there when folks get close in sparing. I can't stop it from doing that! lol!
With elbows, arm wraps, garn sauing the kicking leg making them fall down, advanced stance taking over their space and such, I'd just get disqualified constantly.
TKD sparring competition really works better for the newer student to WC/WT because of the rules.
Now, San Shou, and cage would be more accomodating. And that's just not my thing.
Only fight if I have too.

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
gan sau isn't allowed in TKD sparring rules, they see it as grabbing the kicking leg. not allowed. Although your not grabbing the leg.

And, how does fighting another woman in a ring prove that I'm a good wing chun woman? Women still aren't respected as martial artists in comparision to a man.
So I beat another girl, still can't defend against a "trained" man, so not much respect there. Not equal.
Still won't be as good as a wing chun man, or a man of another style.
Girls beating up girls, wooo! Just what the fellas like to see. lol!

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sometimes it helps to be able to beat up most women...For instance in the hood sometimes women want to jack you up.

gan sau isn't allowed in TKD sparring rules, they see it as grabbing the kicking leg. not allowed. Although your not grabbing the leg.

And, how does fighting another woman in a ring prove that I'm a good wing chun woman? Women still aren't respected as martial artists in comparision to a man.
So I beat another girl, still can't defend against a "trained" man, so not much respect there. Not equal.
Still won't be as good as a wing chun man, or a man of another style.
Girls beating up girls, wooo! Just what the fellas like to see. lol!

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not if I stay away from their man! lol!
It's the dudes you have to watch out for.

In the cage competition, the women fight with much better technique than the men. Love watching those fights! They get more creative too. And their meaner.

I'd rather fight a dude, girls are scary! lol!
Besides a guy will ALWAYS underestimate you, a woman never will. That's an advantage. ;)

But, seriously, I don't like hitting women. It seems so backwards. And makes me wonder how we let you guys convince us that it's cool, and some kind of way to prove ourselves skillwise?
Si-Je just may go underground, lol! Let the boys play these games for it is a boy's club. Hubbie's ready to play. Let him do it.
-action without doing - ;)

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well when woman is joined to a man they become one flesh. So you too are consider a man now through your hubbie so you too fight fight fight. An get some slaps off those women...slap their faces.

Not if I stay away from their man! lol!
It's the dudes you have to watch out for.

In the cage competition, the women fight with much better technique than the men. Love watching those fights! They get more creative too. And their meaner.

I'd rather fight a dude, girls are scary! lol!
Besides a guy will ALWAYS underestimate you, a woman never will. That's an advantage. ;)

But, seriously, I don't like hitting women. It seems so backwards. And makes me wonder how we let you guys convince us that it's cool, and some kind of way to prove ourselves skillwise?
Si-Je just may go underground, lol! Let the boys play these games for it is a boy's club. Hubbie's ready to play. Let him do it.
-action without doing - ;)

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ah! your a black belt now! just noticed, lol! congrats.

But, if I'm a man now and I slap a woman wouldn't that make me a "woman beater"? lol!
(I'll have to get my white tank top on and get my 15 minutes of fame on "cops". lol!)

Well, I guess I should so they'll come over to wing chun instead of the "popular" styles. I'm really trying to help them not get hurt doing that other stuff.
But, they no listen. They want to fight like men.
I take WC/WT so I can fight like a woman. A smart woman. lol! ;)

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No you remain a woman an slap their faces. Excellent technique...

But, if I'm a man now and I slap a woman wouldn't that make me a "woman beater"? lol!
(I'll have to get my white tank top on and get my 15 minutes of fame on "cops". lol!)

Well, I guess I should so they'll come over to wing chun instead of the "popular" styles. I'm really trying to help them not get hurt doing that other stuff.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score

Bad boys , bad boys , whatcha gonna do , whatcha gonna do when they come for you , bad boys....................Get on the ground , get on the Goddamn ground now .

Thats one of my favourite tv shows.

Latest Discussions