Hard Core Training

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No you remain a woman an slap their faces. Excellent technique...

Just playing with ya. :)
It just gave me visions of a guy in a wife beater shirt with a forty in his hand, like on cops.
Funny show! Scary show.
Mook Jong shares my vision, lol!

On hard core training: I tell hubbie to "circuit" train his bagwork and punching and kicking in the air. The way I trained myself for the last match I would:
1. Chainpunch the air until burnout,
2. While arms are burnt out, tan sau, dai sau, chit sau, pak sau while chainpunching
3. Then drop to the floor chain punching and kicking then chainpunch back up in sets until I couldn't do it anymore.
4. Then I'd hit the bag chainpunching and hook kicking at the same time.
5. Then hook kick and chain punch the bag while dai sau opposite hand
Do one back to back to the other, smooth transition. Gives anerobic excersise. Gets you used to still moving and fighting when your exhaused.

Hubbie never liked that much.
Then we see on Ultimate Fighter the guys breathing through snorkles while running and doing bagwork. Explaining how they train anerobic and with taking less oxygen so they get used to moving when their tired.
But, he liked their way.
Once again, I do things my way and eventually folks come around. lol!

dungeonworks

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have the book by Matt Furey titled "Combat Conditioning". As cheesey as his advertising is, the information and workouts in this book are a good resource for those looking for an itemized list of many of the excercises already mentioned in this thread. I prefer bodyweight excercise over weights and this book is not ground breaking by any stretch....just a good source of cataloging useful exercises you can do anywhere. It is pricey, and did I mention Furey is a cheeseball??? LOL There are many similar media as this too, but in reality, it is a collection of excercises most of us have done in high school sports like wrestling and football or in the military.

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
cool I like that...great I have to check out that book...

I have the book by Matt Furey titled "Combat Conditioning". As cheesey as his advertising is, the information and workouts in this book are a good resource for those looking for an itemized list of many of the excercises already mentioned in this thread. I prefer bodyweight excercise over weights and this book is not ground breaking by any stretch....just a good source of cataloging useful exercises you can do anywhere. It is pricey, and did I mention Furey is a cheeseball??? LOL There are many similar media as this too, but in reality, it is a collection of excercises most of us have done in high school sports like wrestling and football or in the military.

Latest Discussions