Halls of Fame

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's interesting that this topic just came up here - because I was just sent an unsolicited email from a company claiming to have a TKD hall of fame, and when I check the main site, it seems like halls of fame are all they do... looks dicey to me. Did anyone else get this one?

Clicked on your link and it took me to Futbol Espanol. I'm in! Not sure if it includes HOF membership, tho...:lfao:

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
With all the honor for sale, one simply has to do things in the proper order.

Academic degrees for sale is old hat, and it has been said even seats in the English House of Lords have been available....... so as soon as my kids are grown and I have some money again, you can refer to me as Lord Doctor Grydth.....but I'm just starting...

All that martial arts grandeur I never got because of somebody somewhere's fault......first, I want that Black Belt in the Japanese art of Tai Chi that my instructor hid from me..... I can easily parlay that into a self promotion to 1oth Dan in karate, order some certificates that look Japanese but are actually Korean classified ads.....and then a trip to a Sokeship Council (I should, by then, be fat enough to qualify).

Finally, with all the above martial glory.... how can you keep me outta the Hall of Fame??

Good plan. Think I'll steal it and tell everyone it was my idea. :uhyeah:

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The title of Soke is the most misused and misunderstood title. It literally means head of family so if you are a founder of a school, organization or head of a system you are a soke whether or not some council says you are or not. It does not mean founder or grandmaster has many believe.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
The title of Soke is the most misused and misunderstood title. It literally means head of family so if you are a founder of a school, organization or head of a system you are a soke whether or not some council says you are or not. It does not mean founder or grandmaster has many believe.

Oh I've read the details here on that subject.....I hope you know I was kidding..... but I do adapt to change an old phrase for MT...... If the barterd honors continue at this rate, we will soon be able to say, "I'm soke, you're soke.":xtrmshock

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No what I am getting at is it has become a moneymaker for many organizations. Its just crazy how its being used just like the awards for each others friends year after year after year. I have witnessed more master instructor of the year awards given in the same year to 20 people from the same organization more times than I can count. Its crazy!!

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
It's not much of an honor if you have to pay for it. ...
It's a rare year that I don't get at least half a dozen invitations to these events and the next one I attend will be the first.

Sir,

I tip my hat to you and give you a great big ol' Martial Talk Hall of Fame, "Saaaaallllluuuuuuuuuuuttttteeeee"! Kind of like the old Hee-Haw show Salute, but just a little bit different.
:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Latest Discussions