Ground Seminar in Kenpo????

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think some of us are just trying to find some answers regarding the pic that was posted. I wouldn't say that anyone was monopolizing anything, instead, just trying to find some answers.

MJS

OP
F

Fastmover

Green Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Michael Billings
You have monopolized the past 2 pages of this thread.........it sure looks like you looking for a fight, not a discussion.

Good job staying out of it Clyde.

Looking for a fight??? Your misunderstanding my intensions completely. I am very passionate about my beliefs in certain areas and Im sorry this came across wrong.

As for monopolizing the last couple of pages, wasnt my intension either. Ill shut up and go back to reading, hopefully Ill stay a martial talk yellow belt a lot longer!

"I thought we were in the trust tree...are we not?"

Be Good

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fastmover
Looking for a fight??? Your misunderstanding my intensions completely. I am very passionate about my beliefs in certain areas and Im sorry this came across wrong.

As for monopolizing the last couple of pages, wasnt my intension either. Ill shut up and go back to reading, hopefully Ill stay a martial talk yellow belt a lot longer!

"I thought we were in the trust tree...are we not?"

Be Good
For god's sake, stop apologizing to these people.:soapbox:

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Touch'O'Death
For god's sake, stop apologizing to these people.:soapbox:

"these people" .... and just who are "these people" ?

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In response to my photo on Mr. LaBounty's "arm bar shot". The night before [during the technique lines] a few guys tried to do "arm bars" during their lines. Only a couple were actually successful. During the course of events, a couple of students asked Mr. LaBounty why his arm bar didn't work. The student had had told Mr. LaBounty that they had attended a prior seminar with someone on side arm bars, but were unable to make them work currently in the technique lines here. Mr. LaBounty's response was I am tired tonight but tomorrow in my class I'll make it a point to illustrate my take on your question.

The next day during Mr. LaBounty's 50 minute class, he took the first 3 minutes (and only 3 minutes) to show them briefly the maneuver. The remaining 47 minutes of the seminar was on "Attacking the Gap" and no more on arm bars.

The brief corrections Mr. LaBounty illustrated were merely in bringing the opponent closer to the hips so as to be able to apply proper elbow placement and hand position.

Unfortunately, one photo has generated a thousand words .... er I mean questions.

:asian:

OP
F

Fastmover

Green Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7
The night before [during the technique lines] a few guys tried to do "arm bars" during their lines. Only a couple were actually successful. During the course of events, a couple of students asked Mr. LaBounty why his arm bar didn't work. The student had had told Mr. LaBounty that they had attended a prior seminar with someone on side arm bars, but were unable to make them work currently in the technique lines here.

1. Thanks for filling in the gaps, I have to wonder why these guys couldnt get these armbars to work? Were their opponents resisting in the technique lines?

2. Why were these guys willing to go to the ground in the technique line? Did their opponent pull them to the ground or something? If not, It is a little odd that those that are so good on their feet, would be so willing to go to the ground.

Again Thank you for the input.

Really Ill shut up and listen to comments.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
1. Thanks for filling in the gaps, I have to wonder why these guys couldnt get these armbars to work? Were their opponents resisting in the technique lines?

As mentioned in my post, I believe that they were just not close enough to gain proper control and position. I don't think the opponents were resisting with any extra efforts.

2. Why were these guys willing to go to the ground in the technique line? Did their opponent pull them to the ground or something? If not, It is a little odd that those that are so good on their feet, would be so willing to go to the ground.
Again Thank you for the input.

Again, as stated earlier, these particular gentlemen had recently had a seminar on "arm bars" from another source and this was a fine time to "try out" their new found info to see if they could make it work. I don't recall any opponents purposely taking them to the ground. Just an opportune time to try something.

Latest Discussions