Greetings from England

Stu

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

I've only just joined up here so I thought i'd say hello.

I started my martial life 4 years ago in the art of Ninpo, I stuck it out for 12 months and realised that it really wasn't for me, i'd lost the spark of excitment that I first had. I then went on to Study JuJitsu, and again after 12 months i felt the itch to find a Style that I truly wanted to learn.

Then I found Wing Chun and i've never looked back.
The style that I study is the YipMan syllabus however my Sifu's first teacher was Joseph Cheng before he learnt from the YipMan lineage so its not uncommon for us to be taught something that's a little different from the YipMan way of things. My Sifu has a very large knowledge base as he grew up in a traditional Kung Fu Family in China. I think that pretty much all of his family studied one form of Kung Fu or another so every now and again he'll have us performing monkey Kung Fu to liven up our Wing Chun lessons.

I'm curently at Chum Kiu Level, our school only has 3 belt colours... if your learning Sil Lim Tao your a red sash, Chum Kiu your a green sash, and Bui jee your a brown sash. (Then obviously black).

Over the years i've picked up many different skills and sampled many different styles, Escrima, nunchuka, Staff, Bokken,Grappling, TaiChi, Ba Gua, glimpses of Mantis and Hung Gar to name but a few.

Anyway thats enough about me, I look forward to meeting you all

Stu

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! Enjoy your stay and feel free to ask any questions you may have!:)

Mike

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to MT...

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. Lots of goos stuff in here. Enjoy!

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! Seems like you have tried a lot of different styles, I look forward to your postings.

OP
S

Stu

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for all the hello's and greetings!

You all seem like a very friendly bunch of individuals!:)

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Wow, you've quite a bit of knowledge in your head to share. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Stu! Sounds like you'll have much to share! Enjoy the board! :)

Latest Discussions