Greetings from a Newbie to the Forum!

Ninebird8

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi to all! I have been on a couple of other forums similar to this recently but this one is quite extensive and so far I love the topics in the Chinese martial arts. As a way of introduction, I have trained for 31 years in the following Chinese martial arts: Ying Jow Pai northern eagle claw under Sigung Leung Shum, Wudan Nine Bird Shaolin family style under Sigung Ricky Anderson, disciple of Abbot Wang Fui Yen in Hong Kong, and Northern Long Fist/Southern White Crane and Yang Tai Chi under Sifu Jeff Bolt, senior student of Dr. Yang Jwing Ming for 35 years. As you can see, I am a Bird man....LOL!! If it is a bird fighting style, like eagle claw, white crane, etc. I love it. I have also recently been learning Li He Ba Fua or Water Boxing which is the toughest thing mentally I have had to learn at 253 moves and a combo of Hsing-i, Ba Gua, and Tai chi.

I also competed for 18 years, and the last ten years I have been travelling on weekends to judge in national Chinese tournaments. I truly love the martial arts, especially the Chinese derivatives, and my Masters still show me in ways great and small how much I do not know!! I truly understand why this is a lifetime endeavor!! To all, praise our teachers every day, for they have sacrificed much to our benefit!!! I am very glad to come here to share, to learn, and to have fun! God bless!!

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi to all! I have been on a couple of other forums similar to this recently but this one is quite extensive and so far I love the topics in the Chinese martial arts. As a way of introduction, I have trained for 31 years in the following Chinese martial arts: Ying Jow Pai northern eagle claw under Sigung Leung Shum, Wudan Nine Bird Shaolin family style under Sigung Ricky Anderson, disciple of Abbot Wang Fui Yen in Hong Kong, and Northern Long Fist/Southern White Crane and Yang Tai Chi under Sifu Jeff Bolt, senior student of Dr. Yang Jwing Ming for 35 years. As you can see, I am a Bird man....LOL!! If it is a bird fighting style, like eagle claw, white crane, etc. I love it. I have also recently been learning Li He Ba Fua or Water Boxing which is the toughest thing mentally I have had to learn at 253 moves and a combo of Hsing-i, Ba Gua, and Tai chi.

I also competed for 18 years, and the last ten years I have been travelling on weekends to judge in national Chinese tournaments. I truly love the martial arts, especially the Chinese derivatives, and my Masters still show me in ways great and small how much I do not know!! I truly understand why this is a lifetime endeavor!! To all, praise our teachers every day, for they have sacrificed much to our benefit!!! I am very glad to come here to share, to learn, and to have fun! God bless!!

I also study Longfist now. My Sifu has had the opportunity to train with Dr. Yang Jwing Ming as well. Sifu Alschbach by name :) Chinese MA are awesome and I am officially addicted !

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ave.
With your extensive training in Chinese martial arts I'm sure you'll bring a lot to this forum.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome :sensei rei:

That's a wonderful amount of background experience Ninebird8. I look forward to reading your contributions.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You seem very well versed in the arts, I look forward to reading your thoughts on many subjects

Oh, welcome to the forum

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT......

Latest Discussions