Howdy,New Member!

Ninebird8

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Good afternoon to everyone! I just joined today and wanted to introduce myself. I have been in the Chinese martial arts for 31 years under 3 masters: Sigung Leung Shum in Ying Jow Pai Eagle Claw, Grandmaster Ricky Anderson in Wudan Shaolin Nine Birds, and Sigung Jeff Bolt, senior student of Dr. Yang Jwing Ming and master in Ba Mei Southern White Crane, Northern Long Fist, and Yang style tai chi. In other words, I love the fighting styles and applications of Birds...LOL! Guess it matches my beak!! I competed for 18 years nationally from 1981-2000 and am currently a national judge to tournaments like the Kung Fu Championships in Orlando, Fl., the Tai Ji Legacy in Dallas, Tx, the AAU championships, and am a member of the AAU Rules Committee, Chinese division.

I truly love the Chinese martial arts, and while I do Finance and Project Management during the day, other than my great family this is my other true passion. It is an honor to meet all of you and I look forward to speaking to others on how to save our art, which most Americans believe is outdated and takes too long!! I lived 2 years in Hong Kong training and there saw the true love of the art by the people who invented it! Thank you for the honor of discussing mutual topics of interest with all of you.

With respect, Texas Mike or Ninebirds!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome! I only know Eagle Claw from a book but it looks like an interesting, intricate system.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello Mike and welcome, I also live in Texas Grand Prairie to be on the mark, what part are you from?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome indeed. I'm sure that once you find your feet here you decades of experience in the CMA will be very valuable to everyone with an interest in that area :tup:.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.