Great kicking sampler

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Quite good!

Except, I suspect either Hes pushing with His punches, or that BOB doesnt have as much weight in it as is claimed, because its swaying around more than usual.
Of course, I may be mistaken. But Theyre usually much more stable under hard impact. That doesnt take away from His athleticism though.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks about right to me, compared to my own BOB.
That's an older BOB (which I wish I had) with the support totally enclosed. Their neck seems a bit more flexible.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looks about right to me, compared to my own BOB.
That's an older BOB (which I wish I had) with the support totally enclosed. Their neck seems a bit more flexible.
Ah, thatd explain it! Ive never seen or used one with a flexible neck. I stand corrected!

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That kid has a few things on YouTube....seems into Martial Arts...very athletic...he mentions tricking so he is a demo guy...these types of kicks increase athletic abiltity which help you on the sport side ...George St Pierre trains in gymnastics for MMA....we do demo kicking about once a week as a part of TKD training...many people say why do you train those kicks they don't work in the ring or on the street! I just shake my head most people just don't get it!

I like what this kid does he seems to have passion! The more varied your training the better!

Kwon Kicker has allot of good stuff to watch!

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looks like some great stuff, well trained. Nice focus and technique.

He strings together nice combinations that include both punches and kicks.

As well trained as those combos look to be, I don't doubt he could use them effectively if selected at the right moment.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That was so sweet!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 for Kwonkicker. Very talented.

+1 for a chuckle at the expense of any who think those kicks couldn't be used effectively. As with ANY technique, it's all a matter of timing and execution.

vikings827

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
+1 for Kwonkicker. Very talented.

+1 for a chuckle at the expense of any who think those kicks couldn't be used effectively. As with ANY technique, it's all a matter of timing and execution.

You are correct, with the right set up (and room) these will be effective. In the usual SD the punches, and especially the spinning back fist, would
work well. Beyond a doubt he is very athletic, very quick. All in all very impressive.

OP
E

Egon

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
According to this video, for semi contact standup fight I think he could go anywhere: kicks, punches, speed, precision, he realy nailed it all. Probably he also know how to use knees and elbows. And I no doubt that this skill could be used in full contact too, with less trickery of course.

Over all he is passionate, talented, and humble, so I pretty much like him!

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very nice, the guy seems to be very talented and yes... I am so green of envy.... I wish I could kick like him.

Manny

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Very nice kicks.

His advancing roundhouse is a little slow, which is a bread and butter kick for competitors, but nice moves nonetheless.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
I didn't think any of his kicks were performed at free sparring speed. The video was more a demonstration of his flexibility and athleticism, not his speed.

His comments mention that he got "distracted" by tricking and other martial arts a few years ago but he is "now getting back into it [Taekwon-Do]." While I am not a particularly big fan of MA "tricking" it is nice to see that he is retaining the athleticism developed and applying it to some of the more difficult Taekwon-Do flying kicks.

Pax,

Chris

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I didn't think any of his kicks were performed at free sparring speed. The video was more a demonstration of his flexibility and athleticism, not his speed.

His comments mention that he got "distracted" by tricking and other martial arts a few years ago but he is "now getting back into it [Taekwon-Do]." While I am not a particularly big fan of MA "tricking" it is nice to see that he is retaining the athleticism developed and applying it to some of the more difficult Taekwon-Do flying kicks.

Pax,

Chris

When I say it seems "slow", it's a technique thing, it's not as crisp as it could be. It's not a bad kick, it's just not to the level of his flying kicks.

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I enjoyed the video. It shows my personal goal in getting a black belt: comfort and balance in doing most any kick. He's not necessarily the fastest, the hardest hitting etc., but he's quite comfortable doing any kick.