Excellent Bokken vs Longsword video

Sanke

Green Belt
Reaction score
The link opens a youtube video of (IMHO) an excellent bokken practitioner and an excellent longsword practitioner sparring. They both seem to know their stuff and both get a few good shots on the other.

Enjoy!

:duel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFGPCTMp2cw&sns=fb

Yeah, I've seen this one before. Honest not what I'd call 'excellent', but on either hand, unlike 90% of youtube, they seem to know what they're doing, which is a refreshing change :)

I think my biggest criticism would be that they're too afraid of hitting each-other/getting hit, and as a result miss a lot of rather obvious openings, which is understandable. That said, for what it is, it's pretty cool, and I've seen a lot worse :)

OP
B

Banjin Tsuki

White Belt
Reaction score
Snake,

You are right. Sorry to have exaggerated a bit, but rather out of the understanding they would tear someone with my skill apart. So "excellence" is relative. I thought it neat to see to completely different styles go at it though.

Sanke

Green Belt
Reaction score
Snake,

You are right. Sorry to have exaggerated a bit, but rather out of the understanding they would tear someone with my skill apart. So "excellence" is relative. I thought it neat to see to completely different styles go at it though.

No need for apologies mate, just my thoughts ;) And yeah, was pretty neat, haha.

Latest Discussions