Goth Kittens?

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is going to be real cute until that cat is zooming under the couch, catches an earring on the cloth and comes out with a ripped ear.

I have 2 black cats I never would do such a thing to them.

The thing is also cats are very active and if they go outside they can get caught with the piercing and die a very horrible death.

IMO it looks stupid as well.

That's my concern as well. I don't believe piercing in itself is cruel. Livestock is tagged all the time, domestic pets have microchips placed under their skin. Declawing a cat is the worst thing someone could do to them. I love cats, I have a black cat, she's beautiful. My fear is the piercing getting caught on something causing pain and damage. Plus, it looks stupid. :D

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think it depends on how we're viewing 'cruel' in ths context, JT. After all, I think those people who dress their rat-sized dogs in little coats and hats are cruel too.

Tagging livestock is a practical measure and that, to me, is entirely different from sticking unnecessary metal in a pet for the vanity of the owner.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should be allowed to pierce the kittens only if they have already pierced the ear of a fully grown unsedated wild lion or tiger! or done a belly piercing on a crocodile or alligator. I don't mind which.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
They should be allowed to pierce the kittens only if they have already pierced the ear of a fully grown un-sedated wild lion or tiger! or done a belly piercing on a crocodile or alligator. I don't mind which.
Alligators and Crocs will go limp if you flip them on their backs to achieve the piercings so that'd be too easy.
Tigers, lions, leopards, jaguars or even smaller versions like Ocelots, Lynx, Bobcats, Clouded leopards, Jaguarundis and other types... just fine with me... they'll fight just as hard... but if they're kittens/cubs probably not much of a fight, which is why they were able to do it to the domesticated version easily. SIGH.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alligators and Crocs will go limp if you flip them on their backs to achieve the piercings so that'd be too easy.
Tigers, lions, leopards, jaguars or even smaller versions like Ocelots, Lynx, Bobcats, Clouded leopards, Jaguarundis and other types... just fine with me... they'll fight just as hard... but if they're kittens/cubs probably not much of a fight, which is why they were able to do it to the domesticated version easily. SIGH.

Oooo that's odd, mind I've known men like that too lol!

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
a real man doesn't mind doing the work!

now what's this thread about again?

jf

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
a real man doesn't mind doing the work!

now what's this thread about again?