Goth Kittens?

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What are your thoughts?

A Pennsylvania dog groomer thought she had come up with the perfect sideline for her business: Piercing kittens' ears and necks and marketing them as "gothic" over the Internet.
Full Article.

Attachments

• $gothic+kittens.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 141

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I might not be all that fond of cats but that's just cruel :(.

EDIT: Ah, I see from the article that the animal welfare officers agree with me :tup:.

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
that's awesome, because between declawing, tail docking, & ear bobbing, we really don't do enough to unecessarily cut up or poke holes in animals.

jf

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
also, i wonder: are goth kittens typically morbidly obese & socially maladjusted? does she raise them on crappy music? how do they cut themselves without thumbs to hold the razor? this is just a whole bag of cats that shouldn't have been opened.

jf

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
that's awesome, because between declawing, tail docking, & ear bobbing, we really don't do enough to unnecessarily cut up or poke holes in animals.

jf
Jarrod has a point that I agree with and still I think what this woman has done is cruel and unnecessary. Tail docking and ear-bobbing are also unnecessary as they're merely desirable traits of dog owners. The stiff upright pointed ears of dobermans and tailless Rotties and Boxers (and again Dobies) and dozens of others. If you presented one uncut (pardon the pun) and despite it's blood linage you'd get "that's not a real Doberman!!" and folks probably wouldn't even recognize it as such. We rarely physically modify cats.

Piercing cats is stupid and eventually it'll catch on. Goths will read this story and go do it on their own. Not all of them but enough.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
This is going to be real cute until that cat is zooming under the couch, catches an earring on the cloth and comes out with a ripped ear.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ugh...I thought this was going to be a cute story.

Now I feel depressed and horrified all at the same time.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can't believe that someone who must love animals would do such a thing.

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm with you Andy, I've got Bobcat Hailey curled up in my lap purring. I can't understand wanting to poke holes in her perfect little ears. Crazy stupid *****. :ticked:
lori

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is going to be real cute until that cat is zooming under the couch, catches an earring on the cloth and comes out with a ripped ear.
Oh great image there blindside... geat... thanks... just what I needed... :lol:

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have 2 black cats I never would do such a thing to them.

The thing is also cats are very active and if they go outside they can get caught with the piercing and die a very horrible death.

IMO it looks stupid as well.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Piercing cats is stupid and eventually it'll catch on. Goths will read this story and go do it on their own. Not all of them but enough.

Blaming "Goths" as a whole for the stupidity of one woman would be as ignorant as if I said I saw some graffiti in a cave it must be the Cavers doing it.

Really. It's an ignorant thing:

If Piercing is "Goth" I guess these girls are goth:

cr15361011.jpg

25053.jpg

Really now. Its just crappy marketing for a cruel treatment of an animal. Nothing more.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
No I'm blaming those two STUPID Goth girls indivdually for leading a possible "pierced cat" craze... I've friends with several gals who are or USED to be goths and they were NEVER that stupid but introduced me to friends of theirs who I wouldn't put past them to try that stunt on their own.

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Blaming "Goths" as a whole for the stupidity of one woman would be as ignorant as if I said I saw some graffiti in a cave it must be the Cavers doing it.

Really. It's an ignorant thing:

If Piercing is "Goth" I guess these girls are goth:

cr15361011.jpg

25053.jpg

Really now. Its just crappy marketing for a cruel treatment of an animal. Nothing more.

you raise an interesting point, cryozombie. however, i will have to examine more photos of peirced women in order to determine their supposed goth-ness. please post more examples when time allows, thank you.

jf

Latest Discussions