Gen2Arnis

OP
R

Rocky

Hey Master Dan "Wise old man" Anderson:D

Its amazing how a family, and especially kids will change your priorities. I perfer being the teacher now and not the fighter. Of course I battle a serious weight problem so my days of rolling on a matt for an hour are pretty much gone, as is security work or a number of other things. But hey, did that been their, now I really enjoy teaching my 5 year old. Oh! a great story, my 5 year old daughter had a little boy at her school who kept pushing her down, the teacher, kept catching the boy, and taking recess time away from him but he would still do it. So I taught her to side step and do a cross face close line ( one of my favorite I used when bouncing) well the little boy pushed her down again, when she got up he tried to push again, and she pulled it off, he landed flat on his back, of course it didn't hurt him, you know kids they can do things that would cripple us. Nonetheless he quit pushing her and the teacher, of course took 5 minutes of her recess away, but she took my wife to the side later that day and said it was one of the coolest things she saw she said the boys eyes got so big the looked like they were going to pop out of his head, and of course now they play together and are buddies.

Anyways, Remy's skill in teaching I think is very attainable, his experience in actual fighting is going to be very hard to acheive especially for us American born students. His commitment to leave his family, by choice or not by choice, is not something I am remotely intrested in doing. He was one of a kind!!!!!!!!!

Rocky

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Anyways, Remy's skill in teaching I think is very attainable,

You're not going to believe this...but I agree with that!

(Murmers from the gallery, an astonished gasp, a woman clad in scarlet swoons.)

See? I'm not always the gadfly.

And I'll be the first to say, Dan, that you'll be one of those teachers (if you aren't already)...given the quality of your book on sparring.

Regards,

Steve Scott

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And to top it off my initials are RP also.

Yes...and when I use phrases like "RP kicked @$$" the name Remy Presas and Rich Parsons are assumed to be interchangable! :p

Paul

P.S. btw, your wife leaving, based on what you told me, was probably a GOOD thing. It was the marriage that was the problem! ;)

Latest Discussions