Forum Updated 5-27-2007

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First click on this link about a minute ago resulted in this error:

Quote:
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/image.php?type=dberror Database error The database has encountered a problem. Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.martialtalk.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.martialtalk.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.

Second click worked fine

I've had exactly the same thing happen to me on an intermittant basis over the past few days. Emphasis on `intermittant'—mostly things work OK, but then, without apparent rhyme or reason, these baffling error messages drop out of the sky...

And this too:

arnisador said:
While trying to post this:
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/sho...680#post799680

vBulletin datastore error caused by one or more of the following:

1. You may have uploaded vBulletin 3.6 files without also running the vBulletin upgrade script. If you have not run the upgrade script, do so now.
2. The datastore cache may have been corrupted. Run Rebuild Bitfields from tools.php, which you can upload from the do_not_upload folder of the vBulletin package.

Fatal error: vBulletin datastore cache incomplete or corrupt in /includes/init.php on line 213
But, it posted the first time anyway.

I got the same message, and the same successful post in spite of it.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm seeing a trend emerging, but still don't have enough to pin it down exactly.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, here's some more data for you. A couple of minutes ago I came back to my computer after being gone about 45 minutes and attempted to refresh the front page. It stalled out completely a couple of times, so I went to the main MT page (not the forum page) and clicked on the "Forums" link; then it sat and attempted to load for several minutes before coming up with this:

1. You may have uploaded vBulletin 3.6 files without also running the vBulletin upgrade script. If you have not run the upgrade script, do so now.
  2. The datastore cache may have been corrupted. Run Rebuild Bitfields from tools.php, which you can upload from the do_not_upload folder of the vBulletin package.

Fatal error: vBulletin datastore cache incomplete or corrupt in /includes/init.php on line 213

Then I went back to the main MT page again, clicked on "Forums", and it loaded immediately.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, here's some more data for you. A couple of minutes ago I came back to my computer after being gone about 45 minutes and attempted to refresh the front page. It stalled out completely a couple of times, so I went to the main MT page (not the forum page) and clicked on the "Forums" link; then it sat and attempted to load for several minutes before coming up with this:

Then I went back to the main MT page again, clicked on "Forums", and it loaded immediately.
I got the same message.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We're still tracking this issue. I can't recreate it which is why it's taking a while. We think it's caused be our backup routine causing problems.

In the mean time, I really do apologize for the continued issues. :(

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We're still tracking this issue. I can't recreate it which is why it's taking a while. We think it's caused be our backup routine causing problems.

In the mean time, I really do apologize for the continued issues. :(

No worries - I posted so the information could help you track it down, not to complain.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
While trying to go from the main page to the forums page I got a server error. [SERVER UNABLE TO RESPOND]

I understand high loads and large databases will make this hard to correct without spending lots of money for new servers. Yet I wanted to let you know.

Thanks

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just got the following:

A reload and I was back in the place I should be.

This is the post/thread I was trying to load:
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=803335#post803335

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Trying to load:
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=803708#post803708

Trying to load (immediately after the above error):
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=803709#post803709

Obviously, the software is biased against Wing Chun.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The techs are trying some optimizations. I'm hampered by a some phone and dsl issues right now. Please, keep the reports coming though.

Thank you.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
While trying to get new posts:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
While trying to load http://www.martialtalk.com/forum:

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A few minutes ago (until I could get the site to load) - I got this:

image.php
Database error The database has encountered a problem. Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.martialtalk.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.martialtalk.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.It took me several minutes to get back in.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
This might not be related, but I'm periodically seeing situations where the number of replies are exceeding the number of views.

I'm sure this is low on the list of priorities, but I thought I'd go ahead and raise the flag...

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A fews minutes ago I was having loading problems and posting problems. Like a system load issue.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This might not be related, but I'm periodically seeing situations where the number of replies are exceeding the number of views.

I'm sure this is low on the list of priorities, but I thought I'd go ahead and raise the flag...
Views aren't updated in real time any more. Saves a little load.

Loads still running pretty high, and it's still beyond my ability to fund an upgrade regularly, so we tweak where we can. I'm debating on a few major things to try, some of which will take the site down for a few days. :(

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It did again (see error message, below) and then the site wouldn't load for about 3-4 minutes.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Saw that. Hugh load spike for some reason. Looking into it.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Had exactly the same thing happen to me as Kacey. A few minutes and then the site was loading faster than ever.

But still not as fast as it was up to a few weeks ago. I still have that problem with these crazey 10-20 second busy-waits every time I change from one location to another within MT—even something as simple as clicking myself into the following or preceding page in a thread. It never used to happen...