For tkd_jen (Please read everyone)

TKDmel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear the bad news but I know with time and patience you'll be as good as new. All my prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery Jen.

tkd_jen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Ahhh...thanks everyone, especially you Jaz!! Unfortunately this is my 2nd acl recon, last time it was my right knee, maybe I'll be more balanced now that it is my left?? Wishful thinking. I'm pretty bummed, looking forward to the rehab though.

RED

Blue Belt
Reaction score
OUCH....!! What a bummer.

Remember Martial Arts is a lifestyle not a race to the finish. It's not how fast you recover it's the way you recover. There are lots of books out there to read to help train the mind.

take care.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good luck Jen with a speedy and complete recovery! Thanks for the info Jaz!

Miles

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about your injury, Jen. I hope that the surgery and recovery goes quickly and smoothly for you, and you'll be training soon enough. Don't push it, though, and follow doc's orders to a T!

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hang in there! I have a friend that just went through acl surgery. She's doing awsome. She's not sparring yet, but everything is going well. Just take it slow coming back. Do the rehab, and have faith. You'll be good as new sooner than you know it. Just don't rush it.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Been there and done that as well. Jen you were supportive of me, as well as a ton of the rest of you.

I sure do wish you the best of luck during and post op. However, do not under any circumstances push it. Recover slowly.

Best of luck to you,

Matt

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Jen,

Take care and get well!

- Ceicei

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Today, I had to hear the sad news that tkd_jen has blown her ACL and will need to haver surgery on the 13th.

Jen, sorry to hear that you had blown out your Air Conditioning Louver. I don't know how hot it is where you are, but you should probably follow the advice of others here, and take it easy until you get it repaired! :)

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

CM D.J. Eisenhart

tkd_jen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Jen, sorry to hear that you had blown out your Air Conditioning Louver. I don't know how hot it is where you are, but you should probably follow the advice of others here, and take it easy until you get it repaired! :)

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

CM D.J. Eisenhart

Last Fearner, luckily I live in North Dakota (did I just say luckily???) and it is not hot here yet, in fact we still have snow on the ground so I will not be needing my Air Conditioning Louver for a few months, but I am still getting it fixed this Friday! :uhyeah:

tkd_jen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I just re-read through all the posts in this thread (you guys are so cool!) and it seems like you all know me because the recurring advice was "don't push it!" I have a problem with that, wanting too much too soon. I think that is a common trait of us here on this board as Martial Artists. We are goal setting, driven people. So when an unexpected setback happens, it is nice to have people around you who care about you long term and know to remind you to ease into it.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. I go in this Friday, I know Friday the 13th. I'll keep ya posted.

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Jen,

You'll be in our prayers - Take it EASY after the surgery and you'll be back full bore in no time.

We just had a guy that popped his ACL - tore it completely and had it replaced with a cadaver tendon - he was back after 2 months doing VERY light workouts - NOTHING that would put pressure on his knees; just arm and chest work and he's doing very well.

Hang in there!

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jen, perhaps this will help you "dial down" your desire to push it too much. TKD is the thing that you love & want to do for a lifetime. You are not a pro athelte with a contract dependent on your recovering quickly. Heck, you can teach TKD from a chair! (That is, until you fully recover).

This kind of thinking helps me when I'm on the mend from an injury. I hope it helps you. Again, you're in my prayers for a quick & full recovery.

OP
tkd_Jaz

tkd_Jaz

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I just re-read through all the posts in this thread (you guys are so cool!) and it seems like you all know me because the recurring advice was "don't push it!" I have a problem with that, wanting too much too soon. I think that is a common trait of us here on this board as Martial Artists. We are goal setting, driven people. So when an unexpected setback happens, it is nice to have people around you who care about you long term and know to remind you to ease into it.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. I go in this Friday, I know Friday the 13th. I'll keep ya posted.
Don't worry Jen I'll make sure you don't push it. I'll have to work harder for both of us I guess ;-) I got your back!