For tkd_jen (Please read everyone)

tkd_Jaz

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Today, I had to hear the sad news that tkd_jen has blown her ACL and will need to haver surgery on the 13th.

I wan't to wish you the best tkd_jen and I know that you'll pull through and kick butt because youre awesome.

Now I'll train extra hard for you so I can break those two boards that I wasn't able to on my test.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jaz, thanks for letting us know.

Jen - please take it easy and let us know how it goes. Here's hoping your surgery is complication free, and your recovery is quick.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
tkd_jen,

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. You'll be back in the dojo before you know it.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, Jen, if you're reading this, I've done it - there's some threads on here about ACL reconstruction from some of us who've had it done.

DON'T PUSH IT
REST IT

You'll be fine, girl.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Been there... done that...

Hang in there, Kiddo!

This too shall pass...

Your Brother in the arts,

Andrew

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. :)

Mike

kuntawguro

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I had both my legs popped forward at the knees from a ladder rung that broke out underneath me. I had surgery and was told to take it easy on the exercising until I was given the green light by the doc- I went to the local pool and walked the shallow end for 6 months-The doc was surprised on how fast my recovery was- i didn't tell him what i did. That was 18 years ago and my legs are almost as good as they were before the accident. Many have had this operation- take your time and work at it slowly. Good luck, and my prayers go out to you tonight.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Man, that bites!!

As everyone else said, take it easy, let it heal, and this too shall pass!

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
Jen
Sorry to hear about the injury. As others have said, don't push it, take the time to heal and you'll be back in the Dojang before you know it. I wish you the best.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear! I have been there, both MCL and ACL. Hope your healing time is quick.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Damn Jen that sucks.

I hope you heal quickly. Don't push yourself too much. Please let us know how you are doing as soon as you can. You are in my thoughts.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Damn, in the words of all the internet l33t d00dz...that suxx09z!

I'm just finishing the tail end of my recovery of the exact same injury (I'm back training but can't spar yet).

Just to jump on the band wagon, take it easy...don;t push it or rush back. do EXACTLY what your docotrs and physical therapists say. You'll be back and there is areally good chance you'll be as good as new before you now it. :)

Peace,
Erik

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Today, I had to hear the sad news that tkd_jen has blown her ACL and will need to haver surgery on the 13th.

I wan't to wish you the best tkd_jen and I know that you'll pull through and kick butt because youre awesome.

Now I'll train extra hard for you so I can break those two boards that I wasn't able to on my test.

OMG, that's awful! Thanks for filling us in Jaz. She'll be in my thoughts and prayers for safe surgery and a quick recovery.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Poor Jen!!! :(

These ACL injuries are common and the medical technology for dealing with them is really good and getting better all the time. As everyone is saying, Jen, rest and recover and don't push it—you're not racing any one! We're all thinking about you and wishing you the speediest recovery ever.