For All The Taekwondo Bashers The Real Truth On Taekwondo From My View

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lol!

I know I shouldn’t have done this, but I'm getting old and people sometimes piss me off. I was in the McDonald’s drive-through this morning and the young lady behind me leaned on her horn and started screaming something because I was taking too long to place my order. So when I got to the first window I paid for her order along with my own. The cashier must have told her what I'd done, because as we moved up she leaned out her window, waved to me and mouthed "Thank you.", obviously embarrassed that I had repaid her rudeness with kindness.

When I got to the second window I showed them both receipts and took her food too. Now she has to go back to the end of the queue and start all over again. Don't blow your horn at old people, we've been treacherous a whole lot F'n longer than you have.
Brilliant. You are the master.

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Pretty much every art has something about it that you will need to change in order to go into the UFC.
  • Boxers are going to need to learn how to protect their legs and body, and have any take-down defense
  • Taekwondo fighters are going to have to learn to read punches, avoid getting their legs caught, and keep their hands up
  • BJJ fighters are going to have to learn how to do things while standing up

This is a flawed analogy. Western Boxing is a combat system/sport consisting entirely of closed fight punching techniques. Therefore, a minimum test of its efficient is if it holds up against other arts when you only punch. Taekwondo is a art/sport of kicking and punching (mainly) and should therefore hold up against other arts that kick and punch, and not collapse to other ways of kicking and punching.

But of course as my experience and that of other practitioners show, what you've learned is not enough to counter someone who can box..It's only a matter of how bad he needs to be before you get steamrolled. Anybody who had not had this experience and somehow was not steamrolled by boxing, is a very very high level practitioner fighting a journeyman.

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Of course he says that. He's old.

:cool:

Hi there. Are you still sticking by the PC viewpoint that no arts are inferior? You think Aikido is just as valid form of self defense as Judo, Boxing, BJJ?

Latest Discussions