Follow up strike after takedown

windwalker099

Green Belt
Reaction score
This is about him abusing his students. It does not matter what I train or why I train.

Everyone has an opinion.

His students all understand what, why and how they'er training...
Maybe they might know better about their training...then those viewing

Competitive event matches...not the same type of training is quite different...

"In a sanctioned bout.... the other guy is not going to stand there, or move in a prearranged way, for this guy to knock them out. And they will be defending themselves and trying to knock him out. "

😂

Must be looking at different things....

I see training, and practice.... just as here

Note the mind set and type of training.

Maybe it gets down to experience...In military based types of training...🪖
A very different mind set is developed, or at least it was at one time,,,,
now seems like its about the pro-nouns...one uses 🙂

Last edited:

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Must be looking at different things....
I was looking at the videos you posted. The first, the student attacks, in a prescribed manner so that the instructor could use the technique he wanted to show. The student was never going to attack with a different move than the one the instructor already knew was coming. In the second video.... the guy literally stood there and allowed the instructor to put him into position and walk around him before hitting him.

I would love to see this guy pull off those same knock outs, if the other guy was allowed to fight back and actually attack the instructor.

In any case, you can train those techniques and that mindset with out permanently damaging your students. (this would be seen as a detriment to military.... if the training disabled the soldiers before the battle....)

windwalker099

Green Belt
Reaction score
In any case, you can train those techniques and that mindset with out permanently damaging your students. (this would be seen as a detriment to military.... if the training disabled the soldiers before the battle....)

How do you know 🤔
might start out by understanding.
If they cannot complete the training, they will not be soldiers.

The training designed to find this out

That was my experience
Maybe times have changed it’s different..

Hopefully most in the US will not have to find this out, war by proxy.

What a concept 😂

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
might start out by understanding.
What exactly do I learn, by standing still and letting some guy knock me out? How do multiple concussions lead to my being a better soldier? How does receiving brain damage improve my soldiering ability?

windwalker099

Green Belt
Reaction score
What exactly do I learn, by standing still and letting some guy knock me out? How do multiple concussions lead to my being a better soldier? How does receiving brain damage improve my soldiering ability?

It doesn't,,,hopefully by experiencing something under controlled conditions
one would learn what to not let happen or understand what might happen.

Ever hear of SERE training . Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape.
Waterboarding, sometimes part of the training as well as other things...

Might want to read up on the why, and what...

Funny 😂

Not interested in discussing military training rational with non military

anyway why something is done seems kinda common

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It doesn't,,,hopefully by experiencing something under controlled conditions
one would learn what to not let happen or understand what might happen.

Ever hear of SERE training . Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape.
Waterboarding, sometimes part of the training as well as other things...

Might want to read up on the why, and what...

Funny 😂

Not interested in discussing military training rational with non military

anyway why something is done seems kinda common

There is a difference between choking someone out and knocking them out.

Choking can be done, without causing permanent damage. The reason the guy being choked raises his arms, is so that there is no mistaking when he is out, and the choke is released. The guy being choked can control it, just lower your arms when you have had enough. The big difference is the impact to the head. During the choke, there is no impact to the head, and no concussion.

Watching the videos that you posted... the people he hits are clearly concussed. And then he hits them again. And again.

There’s one view that concussions are minor things, and that an athlete on the field who suffers any head injury should toughen up and persevere. But that is not correct — these are serious injuries that need to be addressed by a doctor or trained professional in order to prevent lasting damage.

Watch your own videos and you will clearly see signs of a concussion:

During any severe blow to the head, the same thing is happening. The brain twists, the circuits can break, and the damage sends the brain into crisis. But different parts of the brain can be affected. Concussions typically cause vision problems, disorientation, memory loss, headaches, balance issues, and a host of other ailments as the circuits that undergird these functions go down. But as long as the part of the brain responsible for consciousness is minimally affected, there’s no guarantee that you’ll be knocked out.

Some of them clearly lost consciousness... either from the hit or from their head hitting the ground.

If you lose consciousness briefly, and suffer a concussion, 75 to 90 percent of people will fully recover in a few months.

These students are not even given a full 5 minutes before being hit and dropped again, let alone a few months.

Any type of training where students are required to to receive concussions is very dangerous. Any instructor who gives their students concussions as a part of training are irresponsible and should be called out. (and prosecuted)

I know I will never convince you that it does not make you sound tough to advocate letting your instructor knock you out. But, if you stand how I tell you to, and let me hit you.... I can knock you out as well.... That kind of demonstration does not show his skill in striking.... it shows his skill in manipulating his students.

Choking is different. It does not involve concussions and brain damage. It is done so that the student learn what it feels like as they get closer to being choked out and also so they know what to watch for when they are choking someone out. When the choke is let off, their is no concussion or brain damage. It is also much more controlled, with no risk of heads bouncing off the ground.

Latest Discussions