First technique

kenpoworks

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The first 10 techniques Delayed Sword etc. where introduced to my club in the early eighties at the time I was a 2nd degree Brown, prior to this the first syllabus technique was Clutching Feathers.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
kenpoworks said:
The first 10 techniques Delayed Sword etc. where introduced to my club in the early eighties at the time I was a 2nd degree Brown, prior to this the first syllabus technique was Clutching Feathers.
Your e-mail bounced. Send it to me again will ya me o' china.

R

Raven001

In Tracy's Kenpo it was Knee of Vengence

In American Kenpo which I just started was Delayed Sword

Kenpobuff

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Not sure what everyone else calls it but our first technique is referred to as "Wrap-around Arm Lock "A". A technique used against a right shoulder grab from 3:00.

Colin_Linz

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I know you guys are mainly talking Kenpo; however I thought you may still be interested in a Kempo perspective.

My first class consisted of basics, followed by the first goho combination technique I learned, it was uchi uke tsuki, an inside block followed by a punch to the front of the kidney, in defence against a punch to the head. This was followed later in class by my first juho technique, kote nuki. This is an escape from a cross arm bar (ude juji).

Colin_Linz

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Now I’m confused. The heading of this forum is “Kenpo / Kempo - Technical Discussion”. If you only want to talk about one style of kenpo why use such a broad header and include the different spellings of Kempo. Either change the heading, or stop your moaning when others post here.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
tracy kenpo - after learning to block punches, it was wedge.

C

ct111

lever was my first.passing the horizon 2nd and headlock escape 3rd

K

Kenpo-Sloth

My Current School: "Grip of Death"

My First School: "Delayed Sword"

DutchKenpo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

My first technique was: Delayed sword than second Sword of destruction and after that a combo of the two in two variations , right straight punch - left hook and a left hook - straight right punch flowing from DS into SOD and vice versa.

grtz,

PS and also Sword and hammer.

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
DutchKenpo said:
Hello,

My first technique was: Delayed sword than second Sword of destruction and after that a combo of the two in two variations , right straight punch - left hook and a left hook - straight right punch flowing from DS into SOD and vice versa.

grtz,

PS and also Sword and hammer.
Oddly enough this was essentially my first technique lesson.

Jeff :asian:

Latest Discussions