First Milestone for Twin Fist Martial Arts

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This saturday i will be hold the first belt test in my school. Only one person testing, but all great journeys start small.

I am excited and nervous, and I am not even the one testing..LOL

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This saturday i will be hold the first belt test in my school. Only one person testing, but all great journeys start small.

I am excited and nervous, and I am not even the one testing..LOL

I am always more nervous when my students test than when I do; when my students test, I'm really being tested as an instructor more than anything else, and errors on their part reflect on me... I find it nerve wracking, especially as there's always something that someone does, some mistake that's never seen in class and never seen again...

Good luck to you and your student, and congratulations on reaching this point.

KELLYG

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I am excited for you. I would imagine that having your first black belt would be a wonderful experience. If I had to guess.. I would say that you will probably be more nervous at testing, than the person testing.
Good luck for you and your prospective black belt!!!!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree with what others have said above, TF. I've not held a grading yet but have had people going for grades who I have helped teach and you do feel a deep sense of personal responsibility for how they fare :D.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good on you Twin Fist! It's good to be nervous for them.

I tie on each student's belt when they pass. If you hold that tradition also, it's the coolest thing. It never gets old. If you don't, I hope you find something that also makes that connection.

All my best to you!:asian:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TF that is great and like Iceman I always tie all the belts for my students, it hold a special place for them as well as for me.

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
thanks people.

I have to admit it is a very emotional experience for me so far, and I imagine come Sat I will be a nervous wreck.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I missed the notice when it was first posted.

I hope all went well and congradulations to all that took part.

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, the first belt test at my school has come and gone.

The student had a severe, and i mean really bad case of nerves. I made that worse by having a guest black belt come and observe. She is one of my instructors and I wanted her to be able to watch what I was doing and give me feedback on my program.

Turns out it also made the student testing a lot more nervous.....

But, in the end, he performed the required moves, and while he was off a bit from what i know he can do, he passed.

So i now have my first colored belt.....and i recieved some good feedback from one of my seniors.

all in all a good day

Latest Discussions