First board breaking tonight!

artFling

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Four of my children and I are taking karate. I am a gold belt and my children are all orange. We did our first breaking of boards tonight. What a rush! I don't know that it's all that important of a thing to be able to do ultimately, but what great fun!

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats!

Yeah, it is a good time. Glad you're enjoying your class.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you had some fun. Was it part of a test or anything special? I require it for rank advancement, but I don't get crazy with it.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Board breaking goes with the territory, so to speck. It is always admirable to say, hey I’ve done that before. Plus the times we have done it, it was definitely a fun class.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is a rush, glad you and the family had a great time.
icon10.gif

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And he did it well.

Art's my student.

I didnt tell them before hand, they got to class and saw a pile of boards waiting for them. I had everyone do a hand and a foot, well, except for Art, i couldnt figure out how to hold a board low enough for him to kick it, so he did an elbow and a rev punch......LOL

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats on the first board breaking.

I've always seen breaking as a nice tool for teaching students to go through their target, and that the results can help their confidence. As long as someone doesn't overdo it (just like anything else), then more power to them.

As for improvs, kudos to you, TF, for making it possible for them to get the wide range of breaking fun.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very cool! It's always nice to do some breaking. Congrats.

Peace,
Erik

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I think breaking is an adequate way to show that people can hit in a way to hurt an attacker. After smashing some wood or concrete, human bodies don't seem so intimidating.

OP
A

artFling

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
And he did it well.

Art's my student.

I didnt tell them before hand, they got to class and saw a pile of boards waiting for them. I had everyone do a hand and a foot, well, except for Art, i couldnt figure out how to hold a board low enough for him to kick it, so he did an elbow and a rev punch......LOL

I resemble that remark.

Latest Discussions