Favorite Uniform

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's the Mooto Pride 3 uniform. It's very comfortable. It's got a cool hex style stitching (and as a nerd it makes me think of hex-based boardgames). It's got a little bit of different material around the neck, which stretches a bit different. There's also belt loops for the elastic band, which is almost as good a feature as the pockets.

There's no one good picture of it online, but if you google search it you'll get a good idea of what it looks like.
I recently ordered a Mooto online. The sizing is very different from other brands. My size 4 top is very big around and the pants have a long inseam.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are these the "fire hose" pants? I have wondered how they breathe if at all.

No those are the Duluth. I've been wondering about them as well.

The 5.11 Stryke pants use the 5.11 Flex-Tec fabric. Lighweight and breathes well. A little expensive but they are very comfortable.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I recently ordered a Mooto online. The sizing is very different from other brands. My size 4 top is very big around and the pants have a long inseam.

That's how all clothing brands are for me. I've tried buying cargo pants and half of them have only one size listed, instead of waist + inseam.

D

Deleted member 39746

My tactical chav suit, there are many like it but this one is mine.

(was debating to use track or chav)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My tactical chav suit, there are many like it but this one is mine.

(was debating to use track or chav)

Official uniform of drug dealers everywhere.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the Diamond Dobak from Moo Sool Sa. Excellent quality, and the pants have a hip pocket for my phone.
No, I'm not surfing the net during class. I use Coaches Eye a lot, though.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black gi, the heavier the canvas the better.
This is a reasonable summary for me. And I'm easy to please - my current gi is a black Gladiator (from AWMA) single-weave Judo gi. The Hobbit refers to it as my "carpet".

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is a reasonable summary for me. And I'm easy to please - my current gi is a black Gladiator (from AWMA) single-weave Judo gi. The Hobbit refers to it as my "carpet".

Back in the day I could never get a lightweight gi to last more than a month, they'd get torn apart during training, especially sparring. The wife of one of my instructors was a seamstress. She would make us gis out of canvas used for making sails. They were uncomfortable as hell for a couple months, but they lasted years. We learned not to fold them after washing because if you left them folded for a while thy would eventually wear along the fold - like if you bent cardboard back and forth.

That Gladiator gi, sturdy?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
20190410_070215.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in the day I could never get a lightweight gi to last more than a month, they'd get torn apart during training, especially sparring. The wife of one of my instructors was a seamstress. She would make us gis out of canvas used for making sails. They were uncomfortable as hell for a couple months, but they lasted years. We learned not to fold them after washing because if you left them folded for a while thy would eventually wear along the fold - like if you bent cardboard back and forth.

That Gladiator gi, sturdy?
I've been happy with it. I do fold it every class (it's part of my ritual), and it's still in very good shape after a couple of years. Mind you, I don't get to train hard very often (no senior students to play with), so I can't say for sure how it would hold up if I was going like I wish I was. I do think it would hold up to regular use in a Judo class, though, which is my mental measure for a uniform.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
What is your favorite gi/dobok/uniform?
I have two doboks. One is my everyday, teaching uniform, and the other is my "special occasion" uniform for tournaments or whatever. The teaching uniform is a Shureido, I've had it for over ten years and it is still in reasonably good condition. Total workhorse.

Jaeimseu

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
My favorite dobok is my Nike Fighter. It’s the most comfortable dobok I’ve ever worn. The higher end Adidas uniforms are also nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hanshi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have 5 usable gi. one is my judo gi and the others include a fancy gi (gift from a friend's grandmaster) and a hapkido gi, also a gift. There is also a plain, lightweight gi. My favorite one is an old black canvas gi I've had for decades. At one time it was actually black but now is just a dark gray. It also has lots of patches sewed on from various organizations & styles; I call it my "Nascar gi". I love this old gi.

Latest Discussions