Favorite website for supplies

Tarot

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have finally found a place that I think is going to work out. I will be doing my free trial next week I hope. This school has a different uniform than the previous school I attended. With the free trial classes the new school gives a free uniform. I think that's awesome. However, I have found prepackaged uniforms just don't fit me right. Either the pants are too small and the jacket too big or vice versa. I need to buy my jackets and pants seperate. I was wondering what websites are your favorites for buying supplies and uniforms. :D

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
www.centuryma.com

I have purchased a few things from them. A word of caution: make sure that you have them verify the order before you hang up with them, unless you're going to order online. I placed an order and had a bit of difficulty with it, but they corrected the problem.

Mike

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You can google martial arts supplies if you haven't already. I know that I've shopped Sakura Martial Arts Supply, and have had good results with them, plus they sell separates. Another site that I've shopped was Academy of Karate MA Supply in New Jersey. They have fair prices, and again can buy separates. Lastly there is Kwon Martial Arts Supply. They all have websites that can be looked up. Hope this was of some assistance :)

RichK

Green Belt
Reaction score
Not knowing what style you are going into is hard to say. No matter who I buy from I always have to have something done, I usually always have to have the sleeves and pant legs shortened.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Tarot

Tarot

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Those were extremly helpful! Thank you all! :)

RichK, I will be in need of a new TKD uniform as well as a Hapkido uniform. TKD will be standard white, with a v-neck jacket. I have not talked with the instructor about the Hapkido uniform yet but I will when I have my first trial classes.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You may want to talk to both Century and AWMA, and ask for a wholesale account. You'll get noticeably lower prices on merchandise this way.

If you want better uniforms and belts, you may want to go to the companies themselves. I know for certain, that Shureido and Kamikaze both offer some nice wholesale prices on their higher end uniforms. I'm almost certain that both companies are willing to sell differently paired tops and bottoms, if you ask.

http://www.shureidousa.com
http://www.kamikazekaiten.com

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I suggest you speak with the instructor before buying any outside gear as many schools require/prefer you purchase equipment thru them. Hey, most instructors are not making a huge profit to begin with!

But, if you are able to purchase outside equipment, check out the following:
http://www.elitetkdgear.com
http://www.sangmoosa.com

BTW, welcome to MT!

Miles

Dalum

Green Belt
Reaction score
I like I&I Sports myself. I also play Paintball so it's kida nice to have a wholesaler at my fingertips for both. But anyway... Pricing from I&I is decent in a retail aspect and their shipping is usually spot on as long as they have it in stock. Just be sure to check their listings/link that they are for the separate tops/bottoms.

www.iisports.com

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bah... I misread the original poster's question. For some reason, I thought I read that Tarot was opening a school, hence my original (and incorrect) suggestion of opening up a wholesale account.

Miles said:
I suggest you speak with the instructor before buying any outside gear as many schools require/prefer you purchase equipment thru them. Hey, most instructors are not making a huge profit to begin with!

Yes. This is generally the best way, since they already have wholesale accounts to begin with. They can generally sell you the same stuff you buy retail, for about the same price, which might even be less, if you factor in shipping, etc.

If you want to order something for yourself, talk to the instructor. If it's something that they might have a problem getting at a reasonable price, then they may just tell you to go ahead and order it yourself.

Latest Discussions