• Start date
OP
J

Juche02

My favorite form in Tang Soo Do...I have two:
1) Pyong-ahn O Dan
2) Pal Che so (however u spell it)

Favorite technique:
Igi Kwan Soo Kyong Kyung. I think that is spelled right.

Favorite combination:
Ahp Cha-go, Ee Dan Yup Cha-go, Dwi Cha-gi.

Favorite Il Soo Sik:
Number 9 Red belt

Favorite Ho Sin Sol:
#4 gup modified. What I mean by this is that it starts the same as #4 gup. when done, step to the inside of opponent with the leg that is the same as the side that was grabbed, turn under the arm, yank down, throwing opponent down to the floor.

oh. I am a Sam Dan in TaeKwonDo and a 3rd gup in Tang Soo Do (red belt). hopefully in a week, i shall pass my testing and become a 2nd gup. weee.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey Juche02,

I'm the other way around. I did TSD first (then I moved :( I miss it). Then I got into a TKD McDojang. Now I do Tae Kwon Do Moo Duk Kwan. Very similar to TSD, so I'm happy :D

OP
S

Shinzu

hey juche02... nice to hear from another TSD'er :)

i just finished learning niahanchi sam dan & sip soo. forms are my favorite and self defense also. where do you study?

TANG SOO!

OP
Y

Yossarian75

I must admit I love breaking, great fun.

Im really enjoying analysing our Hyung for applications.

My favourite Hyung are Naihanchi Cho dan(great applications), Bassai and Sip Soo.

My school is in the process of introducing the first few Chil Sung Hyung which I am looking forward to learning.

OP
J

Juche02

I train in Louisiana. The head instructor at my school is Sa bom nim Tullier. I know the forms up to Sip Soo, even though I am only a 3rd gup. Because I tested into the ITF, I learned the material all the way up to black belt and then tested and received the rank of red belt.
Of all the forms, my favorite is still Pal Che So. people insist Pow Che De (basai) is better, but i do not share their sentiments.

OP
S

Shinzu

chil sung forms are excellent :) my highest is chil sung sam ro.....four more to go :)

OP
J

Juche02

In the ITF, we no longer practice the Chil Sung forms.
So I have never learned those. Pal Che So is the best.
:)

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Cool! I love that guy! He is great. He (C.S. Kim) was at one of our tournies, and he did a demo that just blew me away! I'd love to shake his hand, but he split before I got a chance. He is awsome.

P.S. He is a good friend of my old GM (Ki Yun Yi).

OP
J

Juche02

tis much fun. i have not seen grandmaster kim except for at the tournament in November in Baton Rouge. I tested into this organization from ITA TaeKwonDo in August, I beleive. So I have not been to any tournaments other than that B.R. one. ih.

OP
S

Shinzu

by cs kim you mean chun sik kim right?

strange that you do not learn the chil sung forms as they were created by gm hwang kee.

OP
J

Juche02

We no longer practice them in th ITF. But they use to teach it, from what I understand. We have a big Tang Soo Do book by grandmaster Kim (I think) that has everything we do in it. I think the Chil Sung forms are in there.

OP
S

Shinzu

hey laurie i have a question for you. is TKD MDK anythng like TSD MDK? i was just curious about how similar the techniques, forms, and other aspects are to TSD. thanx :)

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Shinzu,

So far, I only know about the black belt forms (i was being "nosy" one day :D ). They do learn TSD forms (Naihanchi, Bassai, ect). The self defense is very similar, and the techniques are almost exactly the same. I still have to find out about the color belt forms. I know they do WTF TKD forms, but I don't know if they mix the two (TSD forms and TKD forms). I'll have to find that out. I've only had three classes so far (I don't even know if I'll keep my rank .... for now I will till they find out where to put me, they said).

OP
S

Shinzu

thanx for the info. seeing as thought you have studied both tkd and tsd i see no reason why they would not let you keep your current rank.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok, Shinzu. This is my situation now. I am staying at the "McDojang." My boyfriend wants me to stay there and train with him. I agreed, because I want to see him "progress." I missed that in the last month :( He IS paying for me to go, so I will. But I told him that I will never pay the tuition, and I'm not going to "re-up" on the contract. We have a deal going now.

BUT to get the other stuff I want outta MA, I will cross-train in Judo, I think. It's lookin toward Judo right now :)

OP
S

Shinzu

sounds good. i wish you the best of luck :) i have always wanted to learn judo

Latest Discussions