Favorite Kind of Music

M

Mon Mon

Okay What is your favorite Kind of Music. Mine is ROCK! ROCK ON YEAH ROCK WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I like most types. There is plenty I dislike. Anything that glorifies violence and such I dislike. Boy bands I shudder at the thought of.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
I like pretty much everything, barring hardcore rap. Most of the time, you'll find punk or trance on my CD player though.

OP
S

ShaolinWolf

I listen to Christian music, especially Christian Rock.

And for Training I do us Techno and dance mix type stuff:) .

:asian:

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I dig it all, from bluegrass banjos (drives my fiance nuts), to triumphant classical, to some (not all) rap, to bar hardy rock N' F'N roll.

My car has an 8 disc carrier, a 10 disc carrier and one in the hole. I have all the artists memorized. Joe Satriani, Thelonious Monk, AC/DC, Hank Williams Sr., Crystal Method, Dave Mathews, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Frank Sinatra, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Man O War, Johnny Cash, Mindless Self Indulgance, Blink 182, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Wynton Marcalis, Elvis, ZZ Top, HEAT Soundtrack, Strange Days Soundtrack.

When I train I use trance techno, hard rock and drum and bass hip hop. Lots of Orbital, Chemical Brothers, Rage Against the Machine, Prodigy, ect.

OP
J

jdubakki

i like rock mostly but once in awhile i will listen to some metal or classical

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
I like country western, heavy metal, motown, do wop, classic rock

oxymoron: rap music.......hehehe

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like hard core gangsta rap, Brian ENO (Rock and ambient), Mike oldfield, Danzig, REVCO, Kate Bush, Marcy Playground, Jeff Beck, Lou Reed, Jethro Tull, Lords of Acid, Hugo Largo, Hunters & Collectors, Traffic, Tripping Daisy, KMFDM, The Dead Can Dance, This Mortal Coil, Blue Oyster Cult, Jane's Addiction, Pink Floyed, Aerosmith ( 70's style)...
I'll Think of more later
Sean

OP
T

TheRustyOne

Whatever...I really don't have any genera barriers, save certain rap songs....um...just got into country, which is scary...cuz i was raised in a house abhorring country. my ex bf got me hooked....

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For training I love Crystal Method and the Chemical Brothers and lots of Techno Trance stuff, but sometimes it's great to train forms to classical music too. I love listening to all kinds of music it just depends on the mood I'm in.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I train to alot of techno stuff too but I wouldn't want to listen to it for enjoyment. Bluegrass runs in my family but after a couple of hours of that... Recently discovered Bryan Adams, Summer of '69 can't get it out of my head. We usually have Christian music though on the car radio though.

OP
N

Ninway J

I'll listen to all kinds of music, but I mostly listen to new-age, electronica, and world music such as celtic and reggae. Blackmore's Night is in my CD player right now. Like someguy, I dislike anything that glorifies violence, or is not very positive.

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
someguy said:
I like most types. There are types I dislike. Anything that glorifies violence and such I dislike. Boy bands I shudder at the thought of.
Same for me; as long as it doesn't glorify violence, I'll give it a chance. I grew up listening to Pop, Rock, Bossa Nova, Jazz, Techno/Dance, and Country, & have my favorites in each category. For training though, I prefer the "old school" Rock & Roll: Led Zeppelin, Boston, 38 Special, Loverboy, Journey, Motley Crue, Scorpions, etc. :supcool:

(Did anyone see the movie "School of Rock" with Jack Black? Very cute, with lots of Classic Rock in it. :) )

OP
T

TonyM.

I like anything thats about the music and not the money. I dislike most new music and much of the old.

Latest Discussions