Adventure, Excitement, A jedi Craves not these things!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So... I have been talking to a LOT of people whos whole lives lately seem to be work and acadamia... what do you guys do for thrills? With such a diverse group of people on this board, I would think that there should be some diverse "adventures" out there... what have you done?

Sportfighting In Peru? Skiing the Alps? Swimming with Dolphins? Skydiving? Horseracing? Sidehacking?

Share your love for adventure!

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Have done..skydiving,rock climbing, rappelling off of cliffs/buildings/bridges etc., the military stint was an adventure thing...my job provides me with some measured, socially constructive adventure now.

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
So... I have been talking to a LOT of people whos whole lives lately seem to be work and acadamia... what do you guys do for thrills? With such a diverse group of people on this board, I would think that there should be some diverse "adventures" out there... what have you done?

Sportfighting In Peru? Skiing the Alps? Swimming with Dolphins? Skydiving? Horseracing? Sidehacking?

Nekid bowling...nods.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
I'm a computer geek by trade and lifestyle, so big thrills take a toll on my caffene-saturated ticker, ya know? :D

I have been white water rafting though, and it was a blast! Also, I'm easing my way into enjoying roller coasters again.

R

RCastillo

My thrills? Just the fact that I make it through another day with these children, "America's Finest" w/o getting arrested, or having a meltdown.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Skydiving ... yep ... once. Not nearly as exciting as you might think.
Kayaking ... yep ... often, although, my boat is not the right kind for white water ... which I found out the hardway.
Coasters ... as often as possible, although they are cost and time ineffective, aren't they ($18.00 parking $22.00 after 5 admission to the park .. 2.5 hours in line for the 90 second Superman coaster at Six Flags New England)

But the biggest thrill is standing in the middle of a river, releasing a 18 inch rainbow trout. Got to do that 4 times yesterday (although not all the fish were 18"s). Man .. That is a Good Day!

mike

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Paintball and SCUBA are the 2 on my list...though its been a long time since I've been diving.

A

Akula

SCUBA and free diving are both on my list. For those of you who don't know, free diving is basically going on an underwater dive with no tanks, just your breath, mask, fins and knife. I've been with the dolphins and many different species of shark - all fun.

Haven't done the skydiving thing, but I remember something I read once that said the difference between scuba diving and sky diving is that in scuba, you can run out of air more than once. :)

Also on the list in no certain order is snow skiing, horse jumping, swimming... well, pretty much anything outdoors.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I tried most of the crazy stuff at least once.
Skydiving. . . check
Bungee jumpin. . . check
White water rafting. . . check
Caving. . . check
Used to tour bicycle a ton
Used to rock climb regularly
Used to paintball regularly
tried sking for a while, before the knee went bad
I still SCUBA at every opportunity 3-4 times a year
I ride my Ninja as often as possible for about half the year
I live so close to Cedar Point that coasters are a legacy.
I still do the most dangerous of all activities, bar hopping.
and I am about to take the biggest risk of my life, getting married.

on the calmer side of things
I was raised riding horses and I still try to go about every 3 months or so used to like to golf and thinking of getting back into it
concerts
gaming, both video and roleplay
just like everyone else here I train alot
hiking/camping/fishing
shooting
books; comic, historical and fantasy/sci-fi

I always look at any chance to try something as an opportunity that I may not ever have again.

Still on the list is:
Climbing a volcano
Spending a night in the deep jungle
Deep sea fishing
Surfing
Car racing
Ocean kayaking
Ice climbing
and I would love to learn how to sail a large ship.

(I'm a non-smoker, casual drinking Aquarius with a good sense of humor and stable job. Wait. . . this isn't the personals. . . and I'm already engaged. )
:uhyeah:

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I go were my friends go. If they want to jump off a cliff I'll go with them. If they want to shot people I'll go join them. If they want to go fly in a plane then suddenly jump out I'm up for that. Of course I'm mainly talking about doing things like sky diving paint ball and that sort of stuff but its more fun to put it differntly.
Last night we went to dominos and each person got one or wo orders of garlic bread sticks. The expression on the person taking our order was enough by itself. Never again will I do that. Amongst other things if I burp it still is gralicy. Never again... until nect time me and my friends choose to do something stupid like that. Ok it doesn't sound bad but try it and you might understand. Just don't do it right before you get married OULobo unless you want the bride to be change her mind before kissing you.
Oh yeah video games, reading, hanging out and chilling, and anime is cool. Hmm I must be forgetting something here. Lesse here now what could it be. Oh talking to people here. Something else is still missing though. Matrial talk rings a bell but I can't figure it out what hobby am I missing. Has something to do with hitting stuff though.

A

Andi

I like mucking about in the mountains. Me and some mates try and get up there a few times a year. But they're trying to get me to go pot-holing though, and I don't think I could handle that....swimming underwater in a pitch black cave??? Without knowing where the nearest airhole is??? Well now, I'm just a wuss.

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Skinny skiing...

Going to bullfights on Acid...

Just kidding. Though skinny skiing...hmmm. I might have a mission next winter.

I motorcycle, backpack, fish, hunt, canoe, take pictures, and blow up stuff like electronics and melons with a variety of firearms. Wheee!

I'm planning on spending some time identifying edible wild plants this summer and re-honing my survival skills.

Forgot some:

Skiied in Innsbruck, Austria. That was cool. There's a different kind of snow over there than we have in the states.
Had a sauna in northern finland then jumped into a freezing cold alpine lake. That was REALLY cool, literally.

I really like to cook.

I'm a father of a five year old boy.

And I use too much lighter fluid on the charcoal.

Mark L

Brown Belt
Reaction score
psi_radar said:
I'm a father of a five year old boy.

I have two boys about to turn 9 (both brand new green belts), much more of an adventure than those youthful times spent canoeing, whitewater rafting, scuba diving, camping, hiking, & motorcycling.

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Mark L said:
I have two boys about to turn 9 (both brand new green belts), much more of an adventure than those youthful times spent canoeing, whitewater rafting, scuba diving, camping, hiking, & motorcycling.

I hear you there, Mark. I'm not able to get out and about like I used to but being a dad is the biggest adventure I've been on. We're actually taking him on his first backcountry trip this summer, canoeing for five days in Yellowstone. Here's to being a dad!

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow. Neato. Lots and lots of excitement.

I myself am pretty boring.

I have done/do:

Rock Climb (Mostly indoors tho, although I have been outside too, I dont live close enough to the rocks)

I swam in "Shark Park" in Jamacia (apparently a shark infested reef, I didnt see any tho.)

I rode the Big Shot in Vegas. (If you have never done this its freakin amazing, blows away any "Coaster" Ive ever been on.)

I do firebreathing and poi at parties

Motorcycling.

Paintball.

I wanna Skydive and learn Scuba too.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:

Other than practice and teach Martial Arts?

I am on a Pool league and enjoy shooting pool.

I like to travel, and to do so, I travel to see people, or just to go someplace.
I like to travel in my convertible adn or motorcycle as I can get away and enjoy.

In the summer I ride friends jet ski's and in the winter snow mobiles.

I occasional go to clubs and or hang out. In fact when I travel to new countries or cities I wander around and check things out. I have a knack of finding some of the most interesting places.

While in College I bounced, and did security work. Graduated college and was tired of being chased, ganged up on, assaulted, beat on, stabbed, or shot at. I went into what I thought was a low stress job. Engineering :rolleyes: .

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Other than martial-arts and my security job...

shooting, camping, water-skiing/tubing (when I can), paintball (the best was the time wal-mart had a sale on the guns so about 6 of us ended up shooting each other in the city park at 1:00 in the morning...I'm glad the cops didn't show up:)). I'm trying to get on with the police department so that should take care of the excitement craving.
Oh, and the best...hunting wild boar in brush so thick you can't carry anything bigger than a pistol.

T

TheRustyOne

Hm...does driving on the Delaware and Maryland interstates count? hehe. Gotta do that to get to school...(well, not till the spring since my parents yanked me for a low gpa...)

I just got back from a 10 day hiking/camping/geology trip thru the Northeast...that was fun...I wanna get in shape and go on the Mt. Rainier climb my prof. is plotting next summer, but that's VERY doubtful I could do it. I am so out of shape!

Other than MA and the occassional hike, I lead a boring and uninteresting life...

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I went sky diving once before the days of the tandem jump...scary, but most thrilling!!! I've been snow mobiling, and jet skiing and para-sailing (less thrilling but nice). I attempted water skiing...it wasn't pretty. I snow ski and love snorkeling and am looking to get my scuba certification hopefully this summer...whoo hoo! :boing1: I learned how to sail a Hobie Cat this past summer and that was fun...It's all fun! Except I did pass on cliff diving - which is fine by me.

But I agree that being a parent is the biggest most fun adventure of all!!!

MJ :)

Latest Discussions