Explain this odd male behavior

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
All men spit when doing so, it's a reflex thing on a subconscious level, some guys just aren't aware of it.
What is worse is when the spit lands square on the fishing tackle, a hideous situation by all accounts (especially when there's a broad waiting in the bar ready to go off with you) and not one easily extricated from when in the public gents.

I keep my mouth shut as much as possible when using a public restroom-after 54 years, it's a reflex thing, but it started out completely conscious-if I could shut my nose without pinching it, I would do so.In any case, I'm fairly certain that I've never spat while peeing, and it's a fairly odd notion that expectoration is tied to urination on a some sort of reflex.....

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
She simply told you, the way some people ask you to remove your shoes when you enter their home, quite matter of factly, and maybe a little sternly.

Sternly enough that you knew she was not going to tolerate having to clean up pee around the outside of the toilet....:lfao:
After checking the medicine cabinet, it is best to leave no trace that you were ever in there. ;)

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I keep my mouth shut as much as possible when using a public restroom-after 54 years, it's a reflex thing, but it started out completely conscious-if I could shut my nose without pinching it, I would do so. In any case, I'm fairly certain that I've never spat while peeing, and it's a fairly odd notion that expectoration is tied to urination on a some sort of reflex.....

You're right, I was only jesting to cover up the fact that on reflection this is something I do now and then and not for any reason I am aware of, no idea why or whether this is a nature or nurture thing? And still not sure why Steve had to start this particular thread.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
You're right, I was only jesting to cover up the fact that on reflection this is something I do now and then and not for any reason I am aware of, no idea why or whether this is a nature or nurture thing? And still not sure why Steve had to start this particular thread.

'Cause it bugs the **** out of him?

I've never observed this, and if I had, it would bug the **** out of me!

As it is, it bugs the **** out of me that I've never observed this-guarantee that I'll be on the lookout for it in the airports this week! :lfao:

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
'Cause it bugs the **** out of him?

I've never observed this, and if I had, it would bug the **** out of me!

As it is, it bugs the **** out of me that I've never observed this-guarantee that I'll be on the lookout for it in the airports this week! :lfao:
Yeah, now it bugs the #### outa me and I wonder if I can quit this vile habit, maybe there is an 0800-help line out there for us poor afflicted? "0800-QUIT_THE_SPIT" or something...I need help...

Dinkydoo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I literally do this every single time. I too am in need of help.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

I observed the behavior and thought it would be a lighthearted, random topic to discuss. Too much bickering lately. Thought this would be conflict free. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't you know... Nothing is conflict free on MT, and the more inconsequential the topic would appear in a normal environment, the more conflict it'll generate!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Latest Discussions