Everlast or TKO?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
OK I have to accept it, I have been putting this off for over a year and I just have to face it….my old heavy bag has seen better days and I have to replace it… the straps holding the rings to hang it are pulling away and I guess it is just time to give the old guy a well deserved rest…. The kick bag, not me.

This however leaves me with a question

I was looking at getting another Everlast either 80lbs or 100lbs, I am not quite sure there yet, but that is not the question. I have seen another bag and I am wondering how it stands up to an everlast.

Which do you think is better, Everlast or TKO?

micah

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i have an everlast that is still kickin, its a canvas bag 80lbs, i think its over 10 years old... thats the only company ive dealt with though for bags

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have an Everlast 60 pound that I love and it has been alive now for almost fifteen years.
I have not tried TKO though.

AoG

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I haven't tried TKO either but I'm very happy with my 80lb Everlast bag. I've only used Everlast bags and I don't have a disire to change.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I hate to say this but my Everlast heavy bag is around 30 years old (80lbs) which is why I was going for another Everlast but I saw a TKO and I was just wondering how it stacks up. I have a second much younger target bag (12yrs), also everlast and I am pretty happy with it so maybe I should stick with a good thing

Thanks

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hate to say this but my Everlast heavy bag is around 30 years old (80lbs) which is why I was going for another Everlast but I saw a TKO and I was just wondering how it stacks up. I have a second much younger target bag (12yrs), also everlast and I am pretty happy with it so maybe I should stick with a good thing

Thanks
Is there a price difference between the two?

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have you checcked out Ringside or Title? They are both VERY good. I highly recommend you give them a chance. I am partial since they are headquartered close to where I live.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thank You to all for the answer. :asian:

However being old and set in my ways, not to mention having my Everlast bag last for 30 years I decided to go with Everlast again. Now it is just a matter of seeing which last longer... the new Everlast heavy bag or me.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

However being old and set in my ways, not to mention having my Everlast bag last for 30 years I decided to go with Everlast again. Now it is just a matter of seeing which last longer... the new Everlast heavy bag or me.

Wise decision.

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good choice, I've had Everlast for over 20 years, the next one will be an Everlast as well. Good, solid construction, I've never had an issue.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ooh, I have to brag about my great deal.
I got a Century 65 pound bag off of eBay for $12.00 last week. I did a zip code search for boxing goods and found that bag ten miles from my house. No one bid against me since shipping was $45, but I got to cancel that by picking it up in person, which turned out to be at a store that sells items on eBay for people (they take a percentage of the profit).

AoG

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thanks again

The only complaint about Ecerlast I have is that I have had my old Everlast heavy bag for so long I am kind of sorry to see it go, It has been there for every style I have trained.

Oh well time to go break in the new Everlast bag.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Of the 2, I'd recommend an Everlast leather bag. They're expensive, but they're worth it. Ringside has leather bags for cheaper & they're good quality also.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

The answer to this was...me.

The new Everlast bag was a glaring disappointment and all of the stuffing went to the bottom after 5 years. I hung up the old bag, the case is rough but it is still perfectly filled. I guess a Everlast Bag from over 30 years ago is a WHOLE lot better than the new stuff they sell

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I haven't bought a heavy bag in a long time. But I like a Tuf-wear leather bag over any others. I used to like Everlast everything, but I think they went cheaper somewhere in the early eighties.

Latest Discussions