• Thread starter Chicago Green Dragon
  • Start date

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ADMIN NOTE:

This Thread has been moved to The Great Debate and has been reopened. Please take note of the rules for this section, as they are slightly different from the regular forum rules. They can be found here.

Mike Slosek
MT Asst. Admin

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's been 21 days since I asked my questions.
21 days without reply, response, rebuttle or retalliation.
I normally post in blue, but I think this calls for yellow to be used.

whateva fu

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello

I was wondering if anyone could please tell me anything about Dr John La Tourrette. I know he has a number of books and videos out in circulation. He is also known as "The Speedman". Clocked by Black Belt Magazine for more then 16 hits per second.

Thank You

Chicago Green
Dragon

This guy is a douche.

When I was 16 I worked at Subway. One night a student of his came into the store. I asked about his shirt because I had heard of the Dr. Aka Speedman and was generally interested. I had been told by two of his former students he was very militaristic and borderline abusive to his students. So I asked the fella if that was true, because it was what I heard.

Later that evening "Dr." La Tourrette and his son come into the store. I recognized him immediately and greeted him by name, (accidentally mispronouncing it.) I was very exited to meet him in person.

He and his son walked toward the counter with angry looks on their faces.

He corrected me with: "La Tor-ret"
"It's pronounced La Tor Ret!" With venom in his voice.

I reply: "Oh, I am sorry I didn't know." And I really didn't.

La Tourrette: "I hear you've talking trash about me."

"No, I haven't." Taken back by the accusation.

La Tourrette: "My student was here and said you were talking trash about my school. DO NOT TALK TRASH ABOUT MY SCHOOL, or bad things are going to happen to you."

Honestly I didn't know what think. This was blatantly false and the last thing I expected was to be threatened by a supposed master for something that didn't exist.

I don't remember exactly what he said after that but it was something to the effect of: If he has to come back I'll regret it.

What a piece of ****. I went on to find a real instructor. Furthermore my instructor was familiar with him. Said he went abroad for a year and came back, a self proclaimed "5th degree master."

I am tempted to buy all of his ****, then make a torrent. I could call it "speed of a douche"

Last edited:

Latest Discussions