Dr John La Tourrette

• Thread starter Chicago Green Dragon
  • Start date
C

Chicago Green Dragon

Hello

I was wondering if anyone could please tell me anything about Dr John La Tourrette. I know he has a number of books and videos out in circulation. He is also known as "The Speedman". Clocked by Black Belt Magazine for more then 16 hits per second.

Thank You

Chicago Green
Dragon

OP
D

Disco

LET'S HOLD ON THERE.....Master Zultar from Kronos Mega 5 told me personally that this man holds the Intergalatic record for not only 16 flick's in under 2 bleems but also holds the record for multiple rank disfunctions (practice one style get ranked in another). Now that's originality at it's finest. My drebnik is off to you sir.........:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who are you with in Chicago? Just curious as you are in my neck of the woods.:)

OP
C

Chicago Green Dragon

On the Northwest side of the city.

Where around the city are you ?

Oh also, I love your website link, very nice site.

Mirko

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chicago Green Dragon

Oh also, I love your website link, very nice site.

Mirko

Thank you.

I've replied to your PM.

OP
E

Emptyglass

Hi there:

Personally I don't think he's a good person. He's said some things on videos which I think are distasteful. However, his books (the early softbacks) are excellent for any serious Kenpo practicioner. I don't know about any of his Speedman stuff, but his concepts (such as the Color Code of Combat and the Kicking Line) are a must for any serious Kenpo practicioner (or other martial artist) in my opinion.

Thanks,

Richard Curren

OP
B

brianhunter

He sure has a lot of credentials...some people take years to make black belt and he has several. Wonde how long he spent in each system.

OP
B

bahenlaura

Originally posted by brianhunter
He sure has a lot of credentials...some people take years to make black belt and he has several. Wonde how long he spent in each system.

Yap!
If you don't believe me just read my resume!
Burt
:D

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Emptyglass
Hi there:

Personally I don't think he's a good person. He's said some things on videos which I think are distasteful. However, his books (the early softbacks) are excellent for any serious Kenpo practicioner. I don't know about any of his Speedman stuff, but his concepts (such as the Color Code of Combat and the Kicking Line) are a must for any serious Kenpo practicioner (or other martial artist) in my opinion.

Thanks,

Richard Curren

I could see where that comes from and agree. I've had a chance to see several of his tapes and he is hard on his guys to the point of being degrading. I trained with a LaTourrette 6th for about 5 years who wasn't like that. The two consistant factors were fighting and speed. We fought a lot. I heard from several high ranking belts that said many of the LaTourrette guys they've met weren't that knowledgable in the principle and concept department, but they were definitely tough fighters.

SGM Parker gave him a 5th so he couldn't have been that bad I'm guessing. At any rate his books have at least helped to create an interest in Kenpo for some, whether they were self serving or not, it's more than many have done.

jb:asian:

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7
La Toilet

:D

Why would he say that about one of his 5th degrees? I thought the guys SGM Parker awarded 5th's to were supposed to be pretty good?;)

jb :asian: