doing poomsae

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last nigh I was alone in the dojang so afther a light warming up and stretching I practiced poomsae, did taeguk 1 to taeguk 4. Doing poomsae can be as good and hard as doing kicking drills, I ended soaked and very tired, I guss I did 5 times each taeguk and it took an hour of full poomsae time.

Next time I can I will practicing taeguk 5 to taeguk 8 to then proced with koryo, kungam and taebek.

Manny

igillman

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Before I practice at home part of my warm up is to do the Taeguks in order. Then part of my cool down is to do the Taeguks in reverse order. In that way I start and finish my training with Taeguk 1.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I generally arrive at the dojang an hour before the beginner class is scheduled to start. Sometimes students arrive early and we use that time for extra work on something they're struggling with, but whenever I have the chance I use that time for forms. If I'm left alone I can get in 20-30 forms. Since we use the palgwe forms in class, on a good day I'll get all 8 taegeuk, Korryo, Keumgang and Taebaek, and at least a few of the Chang Hon forms. I love it when I can focus on forms like this, and it's definately a workout. Then the beginner class starts and I can cool down while working with them. Then the intermediate/advanced class follows. It's a long, but excellent workout.

Latest Discussions